The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The government of Canada makes saying 'Thank You' illegal

Grapefruits

On 1/1/2019 at 10:18 PM, Grapefruits said:

The government of Canada makes saying 'Thank You' illegal

CBC Radio · December 22, 2018

parliament-renovations-20181212.jpg
Members of the House of Commons pose for a photo in the chamber before Question Period in the House of Commons Wednesday December 12, 2018 in Ottawa. Centre block is slated to close for renovations following the fall session. (Adrian Wyld/Canadian Press)

The new initiative, which will forever change the way that Canadians express appreciation for each other, will make Canada more inclusive, says its staunchest proponent, Heather Tiffany Anderson.

"Okay, no. I'm triggered," Anderson said after Pat Kelly thanked her for coming on the program.

"You've affronted me with your thanks," she said. Anderson believes that the phrase 'Thank You' places too much emphasis on the singular accomplishes of an individual.

So instead of saying, 'Thank You', Anderson and the new government initiative are asking that Canadians begin saying, 'Thanks All'.

"I was born and it wasn't my idea," Anderson says. "It was the idea of my parents. And when you say 'Thank You' to me, you're kind of slapping them in the face."

To find out what happens to the tongues of people found to be still saying 'Thank You', listen to the full story.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thisisthat/the-live-improvised-and-last-episode-1.4957500/the-government-of-canada-makes-saying-thank-you-illegal-1.4957511?fbclid=IwAR1c-6915xkJUdDSv6FR0n5soxR8g0IaWUp9HrESwn8vWFYegJ5GsyJbRpA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triggered over a thank you?!?

This is getting out of hand. Thank you for reading.

(Satire)

This means f--k all to me.

regards,  G.

1 hour ago, prix57 said:

This is the kind of crap from this government that is making me lean more right...

This is coming from a person whom used to be left leaning.

you realize that this is a comedy bit form This is That, right? 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:42 AM, C.A. Nux said:

The way things are going in the world, it's getting harder and harder to tell satire from seriousness.

Takin the piss is the only way to stay sane.

One either has to laugh or cry in today's world.

6 hours ago, prix57 said:

This is the kind of crap from this government that is making me lean more right...

This is coming from a person whom used to be left leaning.

Mine hang to the left when rain is on the way.

Archived