The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald to Senators for Mike McKenna, Tom Pyatt, 6th-round pick

cut.jpg

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has acquired goaltender Mike McKenna, forward Tom Pyatt and a 2019 sixth round draft pick from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for goaltender Anders Nilsson and forward Darren Archibald.

McKenna, 35, has posted a record of 1-4-1 and a 3.96 goal against average for the Ottawa Senators in 2018.19. The St. Louis, Missouri native has played 34 career games over the course of six seasons with the Tampa Bay Lightning, New Jersey Devils, Columbus Blue Jackets, Arizona Coyotes, Dallas Stars and Ottawa Senators, posting a record of 7-16-3.

Pyatt, 31, has tallied two assists and two penalty minutes in 37 games this season for the Senators. Over the course of his NHL career, the left winger has accumulated 101 points (43-58-101) in 445 games.  

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancouver-canucks-ottawa-senators-trade/c-303470278

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Canucks trade Anders Nilsson, Darren Archibald to Senators for Mike McKenna, Tom Pyatt, 6th-round pick

This is a small but very solid move. 

I've not been impressed with Archibald at the NHL level. Haven't kept up to date with Pyatt but I've liked what I've seen in the past. 

I think this takes the Canucks to 3 6th round picks in this upcoming draft, kinda odd. 

Not happy with this tbh...  Nilly was solid when he was put in decent situations... can't blame the guy whose used to playing at 7PM pacific and start him for a 10AM game... 9 hours earlier than he's used to.

Also this is pretty embarassing as I had Nilly for Vezina this year.

Ottawa just got a pretty solid goalie for almost nothing.

All the best to Nilly and his family.

Archived