The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van Tampa

The "speculation" is swirling around Goldobbin. I think his biggest attribute is his low cap hit. He is on pace for 45-50 + points there aren't many players if any players on the market with his stat line cap hit combination that could be acquired for anything less than a kings ransom. If I'm the GM of a playoff team up against the cap already I would 100% overpay to snap him up. 

To Tbay 

Goldobin

To Van 

Boris Katchouk   https://www.rawcharge.com/2018/7/31/17621688/tampa-bay-lightning-top-25-under-25-9-boris-katchouk

+5th 

TBay receives a lethal setup man in Goldy they can fit his prorated cap hit and still have limited money left over to shop for another depth player. This might be their last kick at the can with 12+m in raises coming next season to Kucherov, Gourde, McDonaugh https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/lightning.

Van Receives Vancouver born Katchouk who has improved every season since his draft he can marinate a little longer in Utica but I would expect him to be an impact player for us when he arrives and he has all of the attributes to be an incredibly complementary top 6 that can play anywhere in the lineup without hurting us. 

https://dobberprospects.com/player/boris-katchouk/

Obviously if we can package Goldy up for a greater return that's something you have to look at but if I'm looking at a 1 for 1 deal I'm going for a slam dunk from a team with cap limited options.

interesting idea, maybe we add Big Tryamkin's rights to the deal. Not saying he wont come back if Goldy gets traded but, Tampa has the Russian atmosphere/culture it seems compared to our luck.

I would prefer we try to get a RHD back in a deal. I am holding out hope that Dahlen and Gadj can hopefully be NHL players for us in the LW position over the next few years. Hard to pass up any prospect Tampa drafts tho, they seem to have a very solid track record for successfully picking the right guy

10 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Interesting.  Never heard of him before but he looks intriguing, I'd do it for either him or Foote.

Industrious left winger to pair with Pete and Brock, or solid right-shot D man??  Either is good IMO.

Foote would be real nice Buuuuuut were dealing with Yzerman here not Chia. 

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Van Tampa

Tampa is in a cap crunch. They will need ELCs like Katchouk for the future. Goldobin might help them on a run this year, but then they have to deal with re-signing him or offloading him a position of weakness where teams know they can't afford him and will lowball.

It would be a pretty big gamble for potentially one run and considering Goldobin has had consistency issues and not even a sure thing for this season (doesn't add much more than what they already have anyway either), there's no way they're taking that deal.

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Tampa is in a cap crunch. They will need ELCs like Katchouk for the future. Goldobin might help them on a run this year, but then they have to deal with re-signing him or offloading him a position of weakness where teams know they can't afford him and will lowball.

It would be a pretty big gamble for potentially one run and considering Goldobin has had consistency issues and not even a sure thing for this season (doesn't add much more than what they already have anyway either), there's no way they're taking that deal.

I completely agree. 

It all hinges on how desperate they are to win this year. As you highlighted they are in a cap crunch next year with 12m inbound and it's not getting better the following year with Bayden point and Vasilevskiy extensions coming so MGMT might see this year as their best chance to take a cup home. Goldy has to be one of the highest production per $.01 players on the market that wouldn't cost a 1st +. 

Maybe you are right and they believe they can sign everyone and stay under the cap and remain competitive on the back of Boris.

I would bet they will be selling soon

and the returns on the players they sell especially if they win a cup will more than out weigh the loss of one b+ prospect winger.

I feel like Goldy could be their Nick Bonino a guy we couldn't get the best out of because we dont have the depth but there with their high powered offence and depth could explode on their 3rd line with the benefit of favorable matchups and skilled linemates.

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Foote's a larger price tag then Goldy, but if Edler decides to waive...

Edler for Foote + Callahan + 1st/2nd (whichever NYR don't get)

That'd be neat. I dont think Eddie goes anywhere but if he okd it I like it. Callahan has 1 year left at 5.8 we could fit him. And he would be a good fella to have around for the kiddies even if he is a cap dump he's one cap dump that has much more to offer than just his on ice play. 

Archived