The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Super Dave Osborne (Bob Einstein) Dead at Age 76

DonLever

From CBC:

Bob Einstein, the U.S. comedian, writer and actor best known for his role as Super Dave Osborne, has died of cancer. He was 76.

Einstein was also known for his roles as "professional surrogate" Larry Middleman on Arrested Development and Marty Funkhouser in HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm, where he played the aggravating friend of Larry David.

His brother and fellow actor Albert Brooks tweeted the news Wednesday, calling Einstein a "brilliantly funny man" who will be "missed forever."

Bob Einstein's manager, Lee Kernis, confirmed to CBC News that Einstein died of cancer.

Einstein was born in 1942 in Los Angeles to actress Thelma Leeds and comedian and actor Harry Einstein, also known as Harry Parke.

In the 1960s, Einstein created the character of Super Dave Osborne, a fearless but accident-prone daredevil who made appearances on The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and other comedy/variety shows.

"This character allows me to do anything I want, comedically, and get away with it," the comedian told The Associated Press in 1995.

Some of Super Dave's most memorable feats involved jumping off Toronto's CN Tower and being crushed by an 11-tonne wrecking ball.

Listen to the interview he did for TSN1040(might of been TEAM1040), one of the funniest things I've ever heard on the radio.  I cannot link but the guy doing the interview basically got everything wrong about Super Dave but Dave was a good sport about it.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Listen to the interview he did for TSN1040(might of been TEAM1040), one of the funniest things I've ever heard on the radio.  I cannot link but the guy doing the interview basically got everything wrong about Super Dave but Dave was a good sport about it.

13 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Interview is on TSN1040 right now.

10 hours ago, gurn said:

Funny man.

Condolences to his family

On 1/3/2019 at 6:54 AM, Tre Mac said:

I remember hearing that clip a few years ago when 1040 was doing their greatest clips of all time and I think that made the final four. I remember listening to it and it was radio gold. “Thanks for the great interview Dave” “Well thank you for getting every question wrong” :lol:

Archived