The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoffs, could it happen?

VanGnome

The Playoffs are not going to happen....this team is still very much a WORK IN PROGRESS.......take away whatever positives that we can....EP and Marky....and pray that JB does something with what he has....but he can't do much when you have nothing 

Well, suddenly the Canucks are six points out of the wildcard:

image.png.8c63a306db1d0f36e63eb5839c3b5490.png

With no immediate help in sight from the injured players, the next four days could well seal it with games against the Ducks, Avs, and Coyotes.  The way things are tracking, they could well be second-last in the conference by Thursday.  Benning has repeatedly said they have a plan in place and are not moving from it, so it would seem the current situation may not have any effect on what happens in the next 15 hours.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

With no immediate help in sight from the injured players, the next four days could well seal it with games against the Ducks, Avs, and Coyotes.  The way things are tracking, they could well be second-last in the conference by Thursday.  Benning has repeatedly said they have a plan in place and are not moving from it, so it would seem the current situation may not have any effect on what happens in the next 15 hours.

Unless we go 3-0 and get some help it's done. Slim at best, was a good run while it lasted. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Unless we go 3-0 and get some help it's done. Slim at best, was a good run while it lasted. 

I have said before the season started that we would only be in the playoffs if we were healthy. This is the second bout of key injuries this year. For the past 3-4 years this is what has brought us down in the standings which misrepresents our true potential. This is when the Tankers come out and say "I told you so, this team sucks". Why can't the injuries come to players such as Pouliot, Schaller or Ericksson? Kidding.::D

We might be the only rebuilding team standing pat on deadline day. I didn’t think anything would get done with the injuries and Bennings statements of just looking for “hockey trades to be competitive down the stretch”. It was a mere dream of having more picks in a Vancouver draft. However deadline day trades or not we’re not a playoff team.

27th Feb.. 19 games remaining. Dallas or Minnesota have the wild card spots. Assuming that one of them finishes the season @ .500, it means the 'nucks must go 12-6-1 to end our season. This also assumes that Chicago, Arizona, Colorado or even the mighty Oilers don't get red hot ! ( it's early, my math may be suspect ! )

PS........yes, I know, you should never 'assume' !

If only :

the PP could score, 

Hutton wasn’t our top defenceman,

the Coyote’s didn’t dominate us,

The Canucks didn’t lose 10 straight in November,

and those never ending injuries. 

I have no no idea how it’s even close enough to entertain the idea of playoffs.

I’m sure we’ll be better when Sutter gets back . ^_^

Clearly, We will not make the playoffs.

- our "D" is decimated

- our PP could suck start a harley

- our injuries makes one question our strength conditioning staff or our drafting midget propensity

- our one line that can score, if not played physically

- Bo has not had wingers long enough for some chemistry to build.

we are  Limping/Wimping our way to the finish line once again

but wait , soon as we are mathmatically eliminated, hughes will come and we go on a streak and finish 15th

again too little too late

40++ years and hoping.....waiting.....

Canucks playoff chances, using a variety of sources:

@MoneyPuckdotcom: 1.62%

@IneffectiveMath: 1%

@domluszczyszyn: 1%

Sports Club Stats: 1.3%

Lottery pick chance as of today

23% chance we pick in the top 3 if the draft started today,

3 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

Canucks playoff chances, using a variety of sources:

@MoneyPuckdotcom: 1.62%

@IneffectiveMath: 1%

@domluszczyszyn: 1%

Sports Club Stats: 1.3%

Lottery pick chance as of today

23% chance we pick in the top 3 if the draft started today,

Anything is possible but not bloody likely at this point. The Canucks are playing like a broken team.

CwrD0QoXAAE2ryH.jpg

Archived