The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Mike McKenna (Flyers claim McKenna)

57 minutes ago, zombieksa said:

Started following McKenna's wife on twitter and she openly tweets about the difficulties of Mike's job as a freelance goalie. You gotta feel for her and her family.

https://twitter.com/RachelMcK17

Edit: Utica wouldn't have been too bad a commute to Belleville, I'm sure there are flights to Kingston.

Just read through the tweets, brings a real life perspective to a situation that sometimes we might be a bit callous about.  A situation that any family has to deal with when one of the parents works away from the family for long periods of time leaving the other parent to deal with the small kids who don't understand.  Oil patch, military etc.  

10 minutes ago, skategal said:

Just read through the tweets, brings a real life perspective to a situation that sometimes we might be a bit callous about.  A situation that any family has to deal with when one of the parents works away from the family for long periods of time leaving the other parent to deal with the small kids who don't understand.  Oil patch, military etc.  

Yeah, my Dad logged up north when I was a kid. Was tough sometimes being gone so long.

1 hour ago, zombieksa said:

Started following McKenna's wife on twitter and she openly tweets about the difficulties of Mike's job as a freelance goalie. You gotta feel for her and her family.

https://twitter.com/RachelMcK17

Edit: Utica wouldn't have been too bad a commute to Belleville, I'm sure there are flights to Kingston.

he'll be in Utica in a week or two

1 hour ago, goalie13 said:

Can’t say I know a ton about him, but it looks like a good move. He’s 7th in Sv% in the ECHL with a 0.919 (and that league tends not to be all that kind on goalie save percentages). Only 24 years old and basically in his first full pro season (only played a handful of pro games previously, but has played 18 games so far this year). I’d bet money that Ian Clark played a big role in targeting this replacement goaltender (as he likely did with McKenna, who Clark actually helped develop years ago).

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Can’t say I know a ton about him, but it looks like a good move. He’s 7th in Sv% in the ECHL with a 0.919 (and that league tends not to be all that kind on goalie save percentages). Only 24 years old and basically in his first full pro season (only played a handful of pro games previously, but has played 18 games so far this year). I’d bet money that Ian Clark played a big role in targeting this replacement goaltender (as he likely did with McKenna, who Clark actually helped develop years ago).

is he alive and can he stand up? thats probably good for at least one start. 

Archived