The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Goldobin

I think Goldy has skill enough for the NHL but I don’t think he fits with this team. With Baertschi back and Dahlen on the cusp I don’t see a future with him on the team. 

I think we need more grit and sandpaper throughout our lineup so I came up with some trade ideas involving Goldy.

Vancouver: LW Nikolay Goldobin 

Detroit: LW Tyler Bertuzzi 

-Detroit gets a more talented offensive playmaker.

-We get a grittier better two way player.

Vancouver: LW Nikolay Goldobin 

Arizona: LW Lawson Crouse

-Crouse hasn’t lived up to his draft status but I think he still has talent. I see him in a similar situation as Virtanen a couple years ago. He could pull it together and be an NHL player or maybe not. I think it’s a risk worth taking.

11 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

I think Goldy has skill enough for the NHL but I don’t think he fits with this team. With Baertschi back and Dahlen on the cusp I don’t see a future with him on the team. 

I think we need more grit and sandpaper throughout our lineup so I came up with some trade ideas involving Goldy.

Vancouver: LW Nikolay Goldobin 

Detroit: LW Tyler Bertuzzi 

-Detroit gets a more talented offensive playmaker.

-We get a grittier better two way player.

Vancouver: LW Nikolay Goldobin 

Arizona: LW Lawson Crouse

-Crouse hasn’t lived up to his draft status but I think he still has talent. I see him in a similar situation as Virtanen a couple years ago. He could pull it together and be an NHL player or maybe not. I think it’s a risk worth taking.

Yes to Crouse probably have to add though

I like both of those proposed trades. Crouse is a big boy who plays LW, could look good with Pettersson? With his size though, is he slow? His point totals leave something to be desired, but like you said, maybe he just needs that push like Virtanen and Hutton got. He's only 21.

I know this might get some hate

To PHI Goldy, Tanev & MDZ 

To Van Gudas, Hagg & Lindblom

We gain some much needed cap space.

Gudas & Hagg give us a upgrade on D 

Lindbolm I could see with Pettersson 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like both of those proposed trades. Crouse is a big boy who plays LW, could look good with Pettersson? With his size though, is he slow? His point totals leave something to be desired, but like you said, maybe he just needs that push like Virtanen and Hutton got. He's only 21.

Not slow but not dynamically fast like Virtanen. I would say Crouse is a lot meaner and tougher than Jake, but Jake is faster. 

I think Crouse will break out in the next couple years just hope he’s on the Canucks when it happens.

8 hours ago, WCE said:

I know this might get some hate

To PHI Goldy, Tanev & MDZ 

To Van Gudas, Hagg & Lindblom

We gain some much needed cap space.

Gudas & Hagg give us a upgrade on D 

Lindbolm I could see with Pettersson 

mdz was known as 'del zero' in Philly.. not sure they want him back

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Goldobin
2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

At this point I would overpay for Crouse, him Petey and Boeser i think could form a great line in the future. Crouse is a huge very athletic dude, exactly what we need. 

Sven - Bo - Virt

Crouse - Petey - Boeser

In 2 years would be deadly. 

It's funny because had the Canucks drafted Crouse, he would be crucified for putting up only 21 points in 122 games (but maybe some would be happy he made the NHL right away?), but now we would be okay trading a guy on pace for 50 or so points (and even overpay more). I'm not saying Crouse is a bad player or anything, but just the viewpoint of the fanbase if Crouse was already here.

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's funny because had the Canucks drafted Crouse, he would be crucified for putting up only 21 points in 122 games (but maybe some would be happy he made the NHL right away?), but now we would be okay trading a guy on pace for 50 or so points (and even overpay more). I'm not saying Crouse is a bad player or anything, but just the viewpoint of the fanbase if Crouse was already here.

Ya that true, its good to buy low on these guys. How many people would be upset if we traded Virtanen last year. 

Archived