The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Canucks need to do more to protect Elias Pettersson?

*Buzzsaw*

Does Canuck management need to do more to protect Elias Pettersson?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Does the team need additional players and a change in attitude?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2019 at 07:55 AM

Yes %1000 needed. 

Tonight's push back was absolutely gutless. Not a single player even layed a hit on him. 

I blame the coach. He's giving these instructions. 

I was fine when they didn't get back at Matheson since it was a one goal game and the W was important. 

But Kotkaniemi was on the ice plenty of times after the game was lost. There shoukd have been a response 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Yes %1000 needed. 

Tonight's push back was absolutely gutless. Not a single player even layed a hit on him. 

I was fine when they didn't get back at Matheson since it was a one goal game and the W was important. 

But Kotkaniemi was on the ice plenty of times after the game was lost. There shoukd have been a response 

definitely falls on the coach. I can't believe no player wanted to punch someone in the mouth after this... but knows the coach won't agree.

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yes %1000 needed. 

I'm not suggesting kill the guy, but a few clean hits on him would have been appreciated.

Cheap injuries vs Cdn teams

Cheap injuries vs key US markets

(I'd like to see some comparative, statistical data). Over a decent period of seasons. Trouble is, even categorizing each injury leads to debate.

Especially after the holidays. By now, most Cdn markets have sold the majority of this season's tix.In PO's or out, most Cdn markets will sell the majority of available tickets in the 2nd half. Many US markets are just fair-weather, bandwagon-types. Subsidized(Rev sharing! :^) by the ripped off, Cdn consumer, who's been hoodwinked & scammed for almost THREE ****ing decades!

Love the Canucks

Hate this F***ing league. It's simply a dishonest, rigged deck.

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

No, the league does.

Sure I would have liked to see someone reck Kotkaneimi but the league needs to punish stupidity and prevent these injuries from occurring to all players.

Stupidity such as that play is not needed in this game

Definitely agree with this.  I wished the team had some type of response but what you state is the best way to get this out of the league.

I'd rather watch hockey for the skilled players, not goons. 

From what I saw, 30x in slow motion, was Kotkaniemi inserting his leg between Elias' legs, then snaking his body, and legs around Elias, then twisting, then falling.  This was a calculated take down.  And no one did anything.  That was no accident

Archived