The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman in vegetative state for 14 years gives birth

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

This is one of those stories that makes you go huh am I reading this right, are people really that sick? Unfortunately yes they can be.

Arizona police investigate woman who allegedly gave birth while in vegetative state

Police in Phoenix, Ariz., are investigating after a woman in a persistent vegetative state reportedly gave birth at a long-term care facility where she’s been a patient for over 10 years.

The alleged incident occurred at Hacienda HealthCare, a facility that provides long-term health care for children and young adults with chronic illnesses and intellectual and developmental disabilities.

The patient has been in a vegetative state since a near-drowning incident more than 10 years ago, according to a report from CBS 5, the local television station. The patient’s identity has not been revealed.

Global News has not been able to verify the allegations in the CBS 5 story.

“The matter is being investigated by the Phoenix police department,” Sgt. Tommy Thompson told Global News on Friday. He declined to provide any further details.

Staff noticed she was in labour when they heard her moaning, according to the source. The woman reportedly gave birth to a live baby boy on Dec. 29 with help from a nurse who worked at the facility.

The source said the patient could not communicate. She also required round-the-clock care and many people would have had access to her room.

“I was told that as of now, if a male staff needs to enter a female room, they need to bring in a female employee with them,” the individual told CBS 5.

Read more here.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4814755/vegetative-state-woman-birth-phoenix/

1 minute ago, Pears said:

DNA test the boy and find the sick **** that did this. 

Was thinking that myself but I don't think you can lawfully just ask all male staff for DNA samples without probable cause... So they'd need to find some sort of evidence to suggest guilt before getting court order for DNA test to confirm. A lawyer can feel free to correct me if wrong.

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Was thinking that myself but I don't think you can lawfully just ask all male staff for DNA samples without probable cause... So they'd need to find some sort of evidence to suggest guilt before getting court order for DNA test to confirm. A lawyer can feel free to correct me if wrong.

The Us is pretty much a police state dictatorship I think they can pretty much do whatever they want.

45 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Check the cameras around that room from 9 months ago and if they see someone go in there by themselves for an extended time then they should have him. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

Check the cameras around that room from 9 months ago and if they see someone go in there by themselves for an extended time then they should have him. 

How do you know it was extended? Something tells me someone capable of this sort of thing is probably not a marathon lover :lol:

:unsure::sick:

That said, I'm sure they're checking out things of that nature.

6 minutes ago, mpt said:

Here’s another question, how negligent is the staff not to notice a pregnant woman?

No kidding. 

The source said the patient could not communicate. She also required round-the-clock care and many people would have had access to her room.

And yet: 

Staff noticed she was in labour when they heard her moaning, according to the source.

I know it's sometimes hard to tell, but jesus someone really dropped the ball there. 

I can't seem to find this one article I read regarding it, but it supposedly had said they believed the woman who gave birth was 20 years old, although her identity is being kept secret, but if true she was 20 and has been in that state for 14 years she would of been 6 years old when she was first there.

Archived