The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Woman in vegetative state for 14 years gives birth

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Was thinking that myself but I don't think you can lawfully just ask all male staff for DNA samples without probable cause... So they'd need to find some sort of evidence to suggest guilt before getting court order for DNA test to confirm. A lawyer can feel free to correct me if wrong.

I think the evidence that a baby was born is enough evidence to allow them to issue DNA tests to all male employees in the last year there since that's the only place she has been in the last 14 years. She wasn't transferred or moved to different locations, since that's the only place she has been and the fact she couldn't even give consent to allow it, I believe it gives the police the right to do this in their investigation.

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think the evidence that a baby was born is enough evidence to allow them to issue DNA tests to all male employees in the last year there since that's the only place she has been in the last 14 years. She wasn't transferred or moved to different locations, since that's the only place she has been and the fact she couldn't even give consent to allow it, I believe it gives the police the right to do this in their investigation.

A judge/lawyers might disagree with you.

Regardless, I wonder what's happening with the kid. Her parents? Foster care? Adoption? 

Hope it's in good care. That's a rough/disturbing way to start off life.

6 minutes ago, Violator said:

You have to wonder how many times it happened before she got pregnant.

Stuff like this really isnt worth it.has to be part of some kind of fetish.

I was thinking the same.

It only takes once but likelihood of only one encounter is low

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

A judge/lawyers might disagree with you.

Regardless, I wonder what's happening with the kid. Her parents? Foster care? Adoption? 

Hope it's in good care. That's a rough/disturbing way to start off life.

Oh I'm sure some scum lawyers out there will disagree with that, but doesn't mean they're right.

I started thinking outside the box about this situation, and of course a male is obviously the first person that comes to mind in a situation like this obviously. But, what if a woman employee was actually behind it instead... Just thinking of all possibilities doesn't mean it's right, but what if a woman who worked there decided because she physically can't conceive to have a child of her own, she thought she could get away with having a friend or lover pregnant this woman because she knew she wasn't going anywhere. Obviously it's a stretch thinking that, but people have some sick minds in this world, and sadly it's possible. I do believe the person involved obviously knew this place very well to pull something like this off, I don't believe some random just came in and did this to this woman.

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wasn't there an episode of Law & Order like this? 

There was a whole story arc in the show The Leftovers based on this.  A preacher's wife comes out of a PVS for a night, they have sex, she gets pregnant, he has to explain how she got pregnant.

6 minutes ago, xereau said:

There was a whole story arc in the show The Leftovers based on this.  A preacher's wife comes out of a PVS for a night, they have sex, she gets pregnant, he has to explain how she got pregnant.

Really? He had to explain it?

Did it start with "When a Mommy and a Daddy love each other very much......" B)

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

55 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

DNA test the entire staff with that of the baby.

They can't go on a fishing expedition w/o probable cause...  The 4th Amendment would preclude that from happening.

That said, if the person who got her pregnant has his DNA on file whether from a previous incarceration or he or a relative has sent his DNA in to a commercial testing company like Ancestry.com, there will be plenty probable cause there to get a warrant.

1 hour ago, logic said:

Go watch some more CNN

You're literally contradicting your self with that post. Judging by your location and DP you're probably like 16. Go read a book and learn my son. Then apply your username into your life. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/2587096/mass-dna-collection-tactic-used-in-teresa-robinson-case-could-be-used-again-rcmp/

"

In February, RCMP began asking all males between the ages of 15 and 66 in Garden Hill First Nation to submit to a voluntary DNA test. While officers would not comment on how many men complied, they confirmed it had the potential to bring in around 2,000 samples from the isolated community.

The scope of the collection is something that is new to us in Manitoba,” said Staff Sgt. Jared Hall. “It did have the full support of the community.”

On March 17, RCMP arrested a 15-year-old male from the First Nation community in Garden Hill. It wasn’t until nearly 24 hours later that he was charged with first-degree murder."

Iirc, this "voluntary" dna sweep tactic has been used in a town in BC, somewhere by the Rockies.

Archived