The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] sign Bieksa

I know he isnt like before when he played with the Canucks but at least he is better than the rag tag team of poliout, del zotto and gudbranson that Benning has assembled, who are probably worse in the defensive zone compared to Bieksa and dont provide much of the toughness we require to protect young guys like Hughes, Boeser, Pettersson etc. At this point I rather have Bieksa than Poliout 

Bieksa isn't fit to play in the NHL anymore. 

Don't get me wrong. I love Kevin, he was an absolute beast in his prime and I loved watching him do what he did. 

It just comes down to it being a young man's, fast paced, skilled game and I don't think Kevin would be an improvement to the Canucks. If anything it'd be a lateral movement at best. 

I think if Juice was going to get an NHL contract, he would have by now. 

How did he look at the Spengler Cup on the big ice surface?  Was he noticeable?  I can’t see him being a downgrade over Biega.  At the very least he’d be able to clear the front of the net and provide some extra toughness that Biega can’t provide.  

I’d sign him for the rest of the year and stick Biega on waivers.  Maybe he can finish his career in Vancouver.  That would be sweet.

46 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I know he isnt like before when he played with the Canucks but at least he is better than the rag tag team of poliout, del zotto and gudbranson that Benning has assembled, who are probably worse in the defensive zone compared to Bieksa and dont provide much of the toughness we require to protect young guys like Hughes, Boeser, Pettersson etc. At this point I rather have Bieksa than Poliout 

what?

i thought aqualini just bought a lacrosse team

am i wrong ?

did he also purchase a sledge hockey team? 

that kb can be signed to ?

Funny. I was just thinking about this possibility today. I loved Juice back in the day. Still do. Unfortunately Kevin’s productive time in the NHL has passed and any such thoughts are based purely on Nostalgia and sadly are not realistic. I wish him the best of luck in his post playing career. He deserves it!

I would and for one reason only.This dressing room has no character or cohesion and doesn't seem unified as group.Put Bieksa in occasionally from the press box.Dump Del Zotto in the minors.KB will sign for the minimum.I would love for him to be a mentor and hold guys like Gudbranson and Beagle accountable to protect their stars and go after other teams when necessary.With only Edler and Tanev left from the best team ever assembled,and the fact they never seem to have been voices in the room anyway,bringing back a quality character guy to be around the team all the time isn't a bad decission.

i assume if he signs with an NHL team its a playoff team where he has a kick at the Cup 1 last time. Would love Juice on the Canucks but it wont happen. be great if he joined the organization in some capacity, but looking from last night that California lifestyle has gotten to his head literally with that hipster hair cut

Archived