The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] 2019 First Overall Pick

Just putting it out there for feedback?

Canucks first round pick plus Dipietro for first overall?

do you think there would be takers? Would be nice to see the brothers in Vancouver, Markstrom and Demko would be a solid tandem for a few years and gives us time to draft another goalie prospect in later rounds.

Without knowing where Vancouver finishes it’s impossible to know how big a step up in the draft is needed.  That said. Goaltending prospects in general have little value. There’s a reason goalies are seldom drafted in the first round.  No team with the 1st overall is going to give it up and drop lower in the draft for only DePeitro. 

Depends where we are.  If we are out of the top 5 I doubt any team would trade the first overall for our pick and DiPietro.  IF we were in the top 5 then I'd consider our first plus Juolevi as long as we can resign Edler.  Nobody is going to take DiPietro as an add on to give away Jack Hughes.  If Jimbo can get Dante Fabbro to come home next year and also convince Tryamkin to come back to the NHL then our defence will look real good even without Juolevi.  Having Jack Hughes up front with Horvat would be huge.  We'd actually have two legit scoring lines and have two superstar brothers on the team once again.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] 2019 First Overall Pick

Ok So what would it take?

If we are talking prospects and picks, I have the horrible feeling we are going to finish out of the playoffs and picking around the 10 spot.

Our first+Dipietro+Madden?

Our first+Dipietro+2020 First Pick?

Gaudette hasn't proved he has an offensive upside as of yet and Juolevi isn't too enticing just having had knee surgery, would we need to throw in another piece? Possibly Woo or another pick, first round 2021 or a second?

4 hours ago, fatboy07 said:

If we are talking prospects and picks, I have the horrible feeling we are going to finish out of the playoffs and picking around the 10 spot.

Gaudette hasn't proved he has an offensive upside as of yet and Juolevi isn't too enticing just having had knee surgery, would we need to throw in another piece? Possibly Woo or another pick, first round 2021 or a second?

On 1/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, SabreFan1 said:

Hughes has the potential to end up being nearly as good as Matthews.  Any team that is bad enough to have the first overall pick will not trade him.

12 hours ago, fatboy07 said:

Nothing you want to trade. Here I'll pretend I'm the Avs.

"Don't talk to me unless the deal includes 40 or 6."

On 1/9/2019 at 6:42 AM, fatboy07 said:

Go look at how much the redskins paid to move up and draft RGIll and then convert that to hockey :)

Archived