The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Federal Election Thread

Ryan Strome

27 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Fake news.

Gnarcore is a Thai boxer. The guy in your gif is obviously traditional Karate, I can tell by the hikite after he postures and throws the combo in the air for some reason. I mean it's sloppy but I think that is Karate. Then again, maybe that has something to do with the hip waders. 

I am unsure of the base style for the bear, although the spinning kick was sick.

Either way I don't think that is Gnarcore, not what I imagined he fought like back in his day of the Parksville sandcastle riots.

:P

Just had to add to how silly we have managed to make this thread today. 

I actually did do muay thai for 5 years :) 

Edited by Gnarcore

7 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

GenX.... a slice of prime rib in between two pieces of S***

Sounds tasty, I also have never heard of that term

Thanks.

Why do people say 'Ok Boomer'? I thought it was a dis to people over 55 that are wealthy, or had an easier life? What does it mean?

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Interesting.

More economists thinking Canada will be ok.  But still at risk due to outside forces in the global market not of our making and out of our control

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/why-canada-will-avoid-a-recession-in-2020-200730990.html

How are we doing compared to our g7 counterparts? You praise JT the most on cdc so how are we doing in comparison?

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah it must be so disappointing to #wexiter's that Quebec didn't lose jobs. 

As far as the G7 goes, Canada is projected to be #2 in real GDP growth between now and 2021 (https://data.oecd.org/gdp/real-gdp-forecast.htm)

Paste that prediction somewhere so we can revisit next December. If Canada is #2 who is #1? 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

no wonder you guys in AB are so angry, its like there's not enough reality to be upset about you have to go and read this kind of thing. 

SK did a good job in presenting a case for more money for the major oil and gas provinces, looks like real cash coming next year. Morneau is looking at options on how it can work. What did you want from 1 meeting? :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I nearly tossed my cookies yesterday as BNN ran stories on the GM plant closure in Oshawa that puts about 2000 out of work. Intrepid reporters getting first hand sob stories by those affected. Did you see the same treatment for the 160,000 lost jobs in AB? The auto industry one of the most subsidized industrial projects in the history of Canada.  

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no wonder you guys in AB are so angry, its like there's not enough reality to be upset about you have to go and read this kind of thing. 

SK did a good job in presenting a case for more money for the major oil and gas provinces, looks like real cash coming next year. Morneau is looking at options on how it can work. What did you want from 1 meeting? :rolleyes:

Nope Alberta was getting shafted before Toews jumped on the plane. 

• -SN- changed the title to Canadian Federal Election Thread
  • -SN- pinned this topic