Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Liberals win minority government


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

lightbulb activated. if only it would click on for a few others now....

 

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

If you are rich, you pay more. I'm fine with that.

Yep. I have no problem with the rich folks paying more. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What rich people pay more money in  taxes..... really.....  that seems so unfair.
LOL 

 

37 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

 

Yep. I have no problem with the rich folks paying more. 

Great you two feel that way, has zero to do with the topic of, DOES (not why) Alberta carry the load. So I don’t know why it keeps getting brought up every time someone tries to debunk the idea that Alberta pays the bills.
 

It’s really Ralph Wiggum level responses and the fact that it’s 6 of you that continue to get stumped on it is extremely concerning. KOS is expected but everyone else? I mean really?  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

 

Great you two feel that way, has zero to do with the topic of, DOES (not why) Alberta carry the load. So I don’t know why it keeps getting brought up every time someone tries to debunk the idea that Alberta pays the bills.
 

It’s really Ralph Wiggum level responses and the fact that it’s 6 of you that continue to get stumped on it is extremely concerning. KOS is expected but everyone else? I mean really?  
 

Yes, cause they have the most rich people....shoot, I went and put a 'why' in there, I'm breaking your rules.

You left out a bit of my post in your light bulb response so I thought I would reiterate. 

 

That's why you got my attention.

 

again...

 

tax.the.rich.

 

 

 

 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes, cause they have the most rich people....shoot, I went and put a 'why' in there, I'm breaking your rules.

You left out a bit of my post in your light bulb response so I thought I would reiterate. 

 

That's why you got my attention.

 

again...

 

tax.the.rich.

 

 

 

 

rich people pay the same into federal programs no matter where you live. Those get redistributed according to need, and to keep a similar level of access to services across the country. Seems simple doesn't it? Its one of those things that make the entire country run well and sets Canada apart from many as a caring nation. But fools like some guys you're talking to just want to destroy that to line their own pockets. 

 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

Finally someone is interested in a real discussion

 

game of thrones drinking GIF by Sky

 

It will be interesting to see if the NDP votes to support the throne speech. Lots of talking points from NDP members denouncing it.

apparently they don't, but the Bloc will. Go figure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Yes, cause they have the most rich people....shoot, I went and put a 'why' in there, I'm breaking your rules.

You left out a bit of my post in your light bulb response so I thought I would reiterate. 

That's why you got my attention.

again...

tax.the.rich.

 

 

Again, the topic isn't why does Alberta pay the most, it's, does Alberta pay the most?

 

Why are you struggling with that?  The last 3 pages people have went on and on about how Alberta doesn't carry the load.  The only reason the why gets brought up is because people we confusing the "does" with "why" as you continue to do.  

 

Are you willing to admit that Alberta fronts the bill for the rest of the country?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

 

Great you two feel that way, has zero to do with the topic of, DOES (not why) Alberta carry the load. So I don’t know why it keeps getting brought up every time someone tries to debunk the idea that Alberta pays the bills.
 

It’s really Ralph Wiggum level responses and the fact that it’s 6 of you that continue to get stumped on it is extremely concerning. KOS is expected but everyone else? I mean really?  
 

No surprise Bit Coin scammers like Forsberg have no concept of Canadian taxation and the short term . / longterm benefits / costs of confederation. 

Edited by kingofsurrey
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

 

 

Again, the topic isn't why does Alberta pay the most, it's, does Alberta pay the most?

 

Why are you struggling with that?  The last 3 pages people have went on and on about how Alberta doesn't carry the load.  The only reason the why gets brought up is because people we confusing the "does" with "why" as you continue to do.  

 

Are you willing to admit that Alberta fronts the bill for the rest of the country?

 

I think I have to get simpler.

 

Yes. 

 

If you ask the question, you sometimes get the why though my friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

 

 

Again, the topic isn't why does Alberta pay the most, it's, does Alberta pay the most?

 

Why are you struggling with that?  The last 3 pages people have went on and on about how Alberta doesn't carry the load.  The only reason the why gets brought up is because people we confusing the "does" with "why" as you continue to do.  

 

Are you willing to admit that Alberta fronts the bill for the rest of the country?

 

Actually the topic is

 

Liberals win minority government.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, Boudrias said:

Apparently AB doesn't really contribute all that much so why all the upset about Albertans wanting to leave? Instead of worrying about a twinned trans canada how about the fact that BC pissed away +$200 billion of LNG development. The tax on that would have paid for rapid transit in the Fraser Valley.  

Still waiting for you to cite your sources

 

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/chevron-s-expanded-kitimat-lng-gas-export-licence-approved-by-regulator-1.1358195

 

Seems BC is doing well moving ahead with LNG

Edited by Warhippy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Suncor, Canadian Natural Resources Limited, Imperial Oil, Husky and Cenovus for your "paying the bills" of all of us other lazy bums :lol:

 

New Alberta should rename itself the country of SCIOHuC since this seems to be the only thing that matters. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tax foundation .org            2016

                       Income earners:   Top 1%    Top 5%    Top 20%

                    Share of tax paid:     37.3%     58.2%       64.4%

Edited by Boudrias
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scheer just doesn't know when to quit or how to adjust, he's going full guns blazing on his failed election talking points. 

 

Scrapping C48 won't create a single job in AB today or in the short term. TMX is it for the foreseeable future. Even if a new pipeline was tabled today, it wouldn't be operational for 5-7 years at best, assuming no delays. And forget about a northern route, its not going to happen. But that doesn't stop Scheer or his supporters from obsessing on it. You'd think they'd put their energy into something they could actually effect. 

 

As far as 'unity' goes, scrapping C48 will just piss off BC. So if you're going to make a choice between which province to annoy its pretty obvious who matters more electorally to the Lib's.

 

Looks to me like Andew hasn't learned anything. 

 

 

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said today the Liberal government is to blame for fomenting a national unity "crisis" and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau "hasn't learned a thing" since the election returned him to office with a reduced mandate.

Scheer delivered his response to Thursday's throne speech in the House of Commons this morning, saying the speech did not adequately address economic anxieties in Alberta and Saskatchewan at a time when commodity prices are stagnant and pipelines are at capacity.

Scheer tabled an amendment to the speech, arguing the Liberal government must reverse course on its climate policies or risk fanning the flames of western alienation.

 

"A national unity crisis requires respecting provincial jurisdiction and scrapping the carbon tax and stopping the attack on the Western Canadian economy," Scheer said.

Scheer blamed Liberal policies during the first four-year term for whipping up discontent in Alberta and Saskatchewan. He accused the government of being more willing to listen to "foreign-funded activist groups" than energy workers and said two pieces of legislation — Bill C-69, the environmental assessment overhaul, and the northern B.C. oil tanker ban — have sent the wrong signals to energy investors at a time when oilpatch investment is at its lowest levels in a decade.

 

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/andrew-scheer-national-unity-western-canada-1.5386866

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, langlands said:

Canada lost 71000 jobs in November. It's some kind of record I think. Why are they not lowering interest rates. The states job market is through the roof.

Yup, Canada did.  Still over 220,000 up from thsi point last year.

 

Why does this matter?  Because while a monthly loss, the market is still better than the previous year.  

 

One thing people don't understand./  Governments do not hire or fire people.  Private companies do.  Public sector employees not withstanding.  The bulk of any and all firings is always done by private business and almost always has to do with "profit margins"

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, gurn said:

Meh, I'd be careful about things this guy posts; he already admitted to posting things he knows aren't true.

If you don't hold people accountable they'll never be held accountable./

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the loss of 70,000 jobs in Canada people are talking nervously. Stats Can is not reliable as these numbers are adjusted up and down regularly. 

We like to compare ourselves against the Americans so here goes:

                                        CDN               USA

                                           %                   % 

Labor Participation           65.6               63.3

Unemployment rate            5.9                 3.6

Government workers        20.4               15.2  - as a % of total workforce  

GDP growth rate                1.4                 2.1

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

With the loss of 70,000 jobs in Canada people are talking nervously. Stats Can is not reliable as these numbers are adjusted up and down regularly. 

We like to compare ourselves against the Americans so here goes:

                                        CDN               USA

                                           %                   % 

Labor Participation           65.6               63.3

Unemployment rate            5.9                 3.6

Government workers        20.4               15.2  - as a % of total workforce  

GDP growth rate                1.4                 2.1

StatsCan is completely reliable for that very reason. They adjust if new info comes in, as you should. 

 

That comparison is actually pretty good, considering how much more manufacturing the US has and its position as the #1 economy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yup, Canada did.  Still over 220,000 up from thsi point last year.

 

Why does this matter?  Because while a monthly loss, the market is still better than the previous year.  

 

One thing people don't understand./  Governments do not hire or fire people.  Private companies do.  Public sector employees not withstanding.  The bulk of any and all firings is always done by private business and almost always has to do with "profit margins"

Oh. That's pretty good. Trudeau is lucky this report didn't come sooner though.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...