The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Drone incident in London. Again...

aeromotacanucks

https://www.google.com.br/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/08/heathrow-airport-departures-suspended-after-drone-sighting

Ok EASA I have one question for you guys...

WHAT THE &^@# YOU GUYS ARE DOING THERE?

1st Gatwick now Heathrow? You guys will wait until a real accident happens to actually take measures or maybe just maybe it's time to look around and see what a heck is going on?

In USA drone operators must have a license, medical certificate and insurance 

In Brazil is pretty much the same plus in big cities you also have to fill a FLIGHTPLAN just like airplanes do

Meanwhile in Europe you DON'T have to have a license, you DON'T have to have a medical certificate and your insurance can be a BASIC one

Then you buttholes let these MORONS fly drones WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING ABOUT AIR REGULATIONS fly their expensive toys while we Pilots can't barely see another aircraft or even a bird now we have to worry about these &^@#heads flying their drones ON OUR AIRSPACE  without permission and putting EVERYONE'S LIVES IN DANGER 

Really ICAO you guys will wait until a B777 engine sucks a drone at 180KTS on final approach and possibly kill 300+ people to actually put these amateurs drone operators on the leash or maybe it's time to create an "universal drone regulation" so EVERYONE ON EARTH can follow it?

People in USA and Brazil have being arrested and severely punished for doing this type of stupidity but hey in Europe everyone can get a drone and fly at 200ft AGL around a very busy airport right?

Really? When it will be the next? Paris? Berlin? Amsterdam?

That's the scary thing. It looks like these clowns are giving others ideas. (I suppose it's possible that the two London incidents are the same people...)

Like Aero says, this is dangerous as hell and could easily become common if some clown sees it happen somewhere else and thinks it would be funny to disrupt air traffic.

14 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's the scary thing. It looks like these clowns are giving others ideas. (I suppose it's possible that the two London incidents are the same people...)

Like Aero says, this is dangerous as hell and could easily become common if some clown sees it happen somewhere else and thinks it would be funny to disrupt air traffic.

Personal experience YOU CANNOT SEE A DRONE IN FLIGHT

These small cheap quad rotor drones may look fragile but these things can easily reach more than 100km/h and fly up to 10000ft/3000m on a 10NM/18KM radius

That's more than enough to cause a real danger!

Listen I do agree Drones came to stay but please DO IT PROPERLY 

Fly around your farm/ranch below 500ft will not hurt anybody because it's your place and you can control who is nearby and yes the drone can be a very useful tool for many things 

BUT FLYING A DRONE INSIDE A BUSY AIRSPACE CANNOT BE ALLOWED!

We pilots study like maniacs the Air Regulations to know where we can fly and where we cannot fly and why we cannot fly there unless we have a permition 

Wanna take photos of airports with a drone? Cool ASK THE AIRPORT MANAGER ABOUT IT

This is becoming an absurd! How long until ISIS put bombs on drones and start doing rogue attacks around places using these drones?

10 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Personal experience YOU CANNOT SEE A DRONE IN FLIGHT

These small cheap quad rotor drones may look fragile but these things can easily reach more than 100km/h and fly up to 10000ft/3000m on a 10NM/18KM radius

That's more than enough to cause a real danger!

Listen I do agree Drones came to stay but please DO IT PROPERLY 

Fly around your farm/ranch below 500ft will not hurt anybody because it's your place and you can control who is nearby and yes the drone can be a very useful tool for many things 

BUT FLYING A DRONE INSIDE A BUSY AIRSPACE CANNOT BE ALLOWED!

We pilots study like maniacs the Air Regulations to know where we can fly and where we cannot fly and why we cannot fly there unless we have a permition 

Wanna take photos of airports with a drone? Cool ASK THE AIRPORT MANAGER ABOUT IT

This is becoming an absurd! How long until ISIS put bombs on drones and start doing rogue attacks around places using these drones?

TBH, I'm a bit surprised that something like this hasn't already happened.

As you said earlier, you don't even need a bomb. A drone that gets sucked into an engine has the potential to bring a plane down and kill a lot of people. Sadly, these idiots in London may have just given the terrorists an idea....

Are these drones usually flown for fun, or are they business oriented?  If someone is operating a drone near an airport, and it causes a crash, that operator should be prosecuted for it.  How stupid does someone have to be to not connect the dots?  

Are there not already well established laws for flying model airplanes?  Shouldn't drones be in the same category?

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are these drones usually flown for fun, or are they business oriented?  If someone is operating a drone near an airport, and it causes a crash, that operator should be prosecuted for it.  How stupid does someone have to be to not connect the dots?  

Are there not already well established laws for flying model airplanes?  Shouldn't drones be in the same category?

I think it was an amateur operator on both cases 

Tricky question technically the only suitable difference between a drone and a RC Airplane is the ability to fly outside the visual range of the operator and having a camera on it

Because if you ask me at least for me they're pretty much the same, they're "remotely operated aircrafts"

Some RC airplane models equipped with jets can reach 250kts/500kmh! They're basically unmanned missiles!

But RC airplanes still need visual range so the operator still need see the thing and so he will never fly the machine on a busy place for logical reasons

BUT here's the thing...

Put a powerful antenna, a camera, some sensors and voilá! Your RC airplane just became a Drone and now you can fly it way beyond your visual range...

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The "average Joe" who owns a drone is usually using it for fun.

It appears though, that the guys messing around at the two London airports were purposely trying to disrupt air traffic. basically vandals who are either too stupid to realize the danger they're causing, or don't care.

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The "average Joe" who owns a drone is usually using it for fun.

It appears though, that the guys messing around at the two London airports were purposely trying to disrupt air traffic. basically vandals who are either too stupid to realize the danger they're causing, or don't care.

As kids we did really stupid things around railroad tracks.  But even at 8 we knew not to put stuff on the tracks.  Flying drones around planes is akin to putting logs on railroad tracks.  It's incredibly stupid.  

The person trying to kill people in a jet full of innocents should be brought before the courts on attempted murder charges, coinsiding with the number of people aboard .

This would fix this.I don't care if they are fourteen or eightyfour,this is SERIOUS. Peoples lives are on the line for crying out loud.

Dollars to doughnuts it's some entitled rich kid thinking it's funny.A few years in prison will change his tune.

16 minutes ago, chon derry said:

drones can be programmed to fly in unison ,but they cant program a drone to take these out? 

Simple. Create a harsh law

You invaded a restricted airspace with a drone? 

Well sir I'm afraid you just lost your drone

No fancy excuses. Plain simple. You invaded a RESTRICTED AIRSPACE your drone is going down...

Screw this politeness. These Rookies are causing WAY TOO MUCH TROUBLE

Pissed off with these "drone operators" 

Listen punks if you crash a drone you lose a machine

If we crash an aircraft we die and other people die too

There is a LAW plain simple. NO FLYING INSIDE ATZs, no flying above 500AGL inside busy areas, no flying near military bases or ANY AIRFIELD INCLUDING HELIPORTS and HYDROPORTS

These MORONS think Pilots have a robotic eye that we can spot a drone easily but guess what morons WE CANNOT 

I can see another plane near me, a helicopter if they're below me (the rotor forms some sort of reflective disc so it's easier spot them),I can see an ultralight and even birds...

But a &^@#ing drone I cannot!

There's a &^@#ing rule in USA and Brazil even making these punks COORDINATE VIA RADIO about their intentions before start their activities 

Guess what 99% DON'T DO THIS!

5 minutes ago, aeromotacanucks said:

Simple. Create a harsh law

You invaded a restricted airspace with a drone? 

Well sir I'm afraid you just lost your drone

No fancy excuses. Plain simple. You invaded a RESTRICTED AIRSPACE your drone is going down...

Screw this politeness. These Rookies are causing WAY TOO MUCH TROUBLE

Penalty should be more than just losing the drone.  Give it teeth by including fines and or jail time ( depending on the severity of the infraction/violation of course).

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Penalty should be more than just losing the drone.  Give it teeth by including fines and or jail time ( depending on the severity of the infraction/violation of course).

I'm curious to see what England will do about it because these punks just &^@#ed up around the 2 busiest airports in UK and apparently nothing will happen...

Fly a drone AWAY FROM AIRFIELDS and BELLOW 500FT

Why 500ft?

Because legally that's the minimum altitude any aircraft can fly outside populated areas and that's the altitude Helicopters can fly around cities 

And as far as I know chopter pilots will fly as low as they can because since they can maneuver like a mosquito they can fly low leaving airplanes on a higher altitude

But guess what today drones can EASILY fly above 500ft

So below 500ft is our guarantee

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

As kids we did really stupid things around railroad tracks.  But even at 8 we knew not to put stuff on the tracks.  Flying drones around planes is akin to putting logs on railroad tracks.  It's incredibly stupid.  

Were they steam powered back then? 

9 hours ago, chon derry said:

drones can be programmed to fly in unison ,but they cant program a drone to take these out? 

They have large guns that can dissable a drone.Suprising they arent using something like that around the perimeter.

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Who ever is doing this. Tie them on the outside of a A350 with an oxygen tank and partial pressure suit to the the underside of the aircraft. 

See if after a cross Atlantic flight it seems like fun still. 

You actually don't need that much dude

All you need is strap the Moron outside a small airplane flying low and at a low speed on a bumpy day with a lot of turbulence :P

Archived