The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Police Say Two Women Sexually Assaulted Trans Woman In North Carolina Bathroom

SabreFan1

Remember how men were supposed to be the deviant rape machines if bathrooms all of a sudden became shared?   Well..........

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/two-women-sexually-assaulted-trans-woman-north-carolina-bathroom-police-n956671

Police in North Carolina say two women sexually assaulted a transgender woman at a Raleigh bar.

News outlets report 38-year-old Amber Harrell and 31-year-old Jessica Fowler are charged with second-degree kidnapping and sexual battery.

The woman told Raleigh police she was inside the women's bathroom at Milk Bar in December when Harrell and Fowler started verbally abusing her, exposed themselves and started touching her.

The woman says Harrell and Fowler continued to assault her outside the bathroom and ignored her and the bartender’s orders to stop.

• SabreFan1 changed the title to Police Say Two Women Sexually Assaulted Trans Woman In North Carolina Bathroom
4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

The sad reality is that trans people are at a greatly increased risk to be victims of sexual violence. 

This was the next sentence in that article:

According to the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey, 47 percent of trans people surveyed reported being sexually assaulted in their lifetime.

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You’d be dismayed at the amount of people out there who think it’s acceptable to grab a trans person’s crotch to see what they may or may be packing. 

I found it pretty nuts pun intended to find out how much crotch grabbing goes on at nightclubs period.......years ago I’ll admit.

22 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

You’d be dismayed at the amount of people out there who think it’s acceptable to grab a trans person’s crotch to see what they may or may be packing. 

What is wrong with our society when there are so many who think it’s okay to assault others?  Are our punishments too soft?  Are we just a nast, and violent breed?  Even on CDC, some people can be awfully rude, and very insulting.  I don’t get this?  Is there a loss of social boundaries?  

2 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I found it pretty nuts pun intended to find out how much crotch grabbing goes on at nightclubs period.......years ago I’ll admit.

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I'm a bit homophobic so, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, gross, gross,gross!

Also, that's not cool.  The person getting grabbed is probably scared as h*ll after that.

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm a bit homophobic so, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, gross, gross,gross!

Also, that's not cool.  The person getting grabbed is probably scared as h*ll after that.

While I can't condone the homophobia, I certainly respect your honesty. 

And yeah, from what I've heard from people who been through that, their thoughts are "Holy $&!#, I'm about to be murdered."

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What is wrong with our society when there are so many who think it’s okay to assault others?  Are our punishments too soft?  Are we just a nast, and violent breed?  Even on CDC, some people can be awfully rude, and very insulting.  I don’t get this?  Is there a loss of social boundaries?  

Fear of punishment isn't an absolute deterrent (otherwise, we wouldn't have any crime). In these cases, it usually comes down to a combination of transphobia and fetishizing trans people, particularly trans women. 

These women sound like they were just being assholes though (putting it lightly) because a trans woman was using the bathroom. 

Those two ladies and I use that term lightly,seem like they would make out just fine in prison.Let's send them there to find out.

Kidnapping is a felony isn't it and sexual assault should mean you go to prison period, you don't pass go you don't collect two hundred dollars.

Seriously "MURICA" are you southerners all just plain ignorant or just plain mean.

22 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

These women sound like they were just being assholes though (putting it lightly) because a trans woman was using the bathroom. 

It sounds like it's a fair mix of both getting off on it and a bit of harassment since they were touching themselves at the same time they were touching the other person.

Having to register as a sex offender will suuuuck for them.  It'll be oh so fun when they have to, by law, go around the neighborhood and tell their current and any future neighbors that they are convicted sex offenders.

4 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It sounds like it's a fair mix of both getting off on it and a bit of harassment since they were touching themselves at the same time they were touching the other person.

Having to register as a sex offender will suuuuck for them.  It'll be oh so fun when they have to, by law, go around the neighborhood and tell their current and any future neighbors that they are convicted sex offenders.

Ugh, I saw that the women were exposing themselves but didn’t see that part. If true, then I definitely say it was transphobia and fetishization.

3 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Ugh, I saw that the women were exposing themselves but didn’t see that part. If true, then I definitely say it was transphobia and fetishization.

Whoops.  Just re-read it.  You're right.  It just said that they were exposing themselves.  That's weird.

Archived