The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Small Koekoek Deal

1 hour ago, laxgoalie said:

To Vancouver:

Koekoek

To Tampa:

Pouliot 

There was a rumour Tampa is looking to move Koekoek because of a log jam on their left hand side. I know Pouliot is a lefty but he can play the right side. Both players get a much needed reset. 

Wow Slater's been ice cold, but seems like at least he's a safer guy??  To that end I wouldn't mind trading Pouliot who's been kind of error-prone.

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Wow Slater's been ice cold, but seems like at least he's a safer guy??  To that end I wouldn't mind trading Pouliot who's been kind of error-prone.

Safer guy for sure. Tampa fans seem to think he’s a lock to be a bottom pairing dman.

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Small Koekoek Deal
5 hours ago, zombieksa said:

He's been stuck behind some stud D-men over the last few years which has stalled his development. Koekkoek seems like the perfect Benning trade candidate a la Granlund or Baer.  

Who exactly beside Hedman?  McDonough hasn't even been there a year, and Koekkoek was drafted in 2012.  Didn't prevent Sergachev from leapfrogging everyone else.

If he's so good, Tampa will just keep him since Cobourn, Girardi and Stralman are probably walking this summer.

But IMO, he's probably overvalued playing on a good Tampa team and would be just as exposed as Pouliot is in Vancouver.

Man looking back at this 2012 draft, when those team selected 7 defenseman in a row and all passed on Forsberg, thats brutal.  Only Morgan Rielly was probably worth it.

1. Yakupov

2. Murray

3. Galchenyuk

4. Reinhart

5. Rielly.

6. Lindholm

7. Dumba

8. Pouliot

9. Trouba

10. Koekkoek

11. Forsberg

On 1/10/2019 at 5:37 AM, timberz21 said:

Man looking back at this 2012 draft, when those team selected 7 defenseman in a row and all passed on Forsberg, thats brutal.  Only Morgan Rielly was probably worth it.

1. Yakupov

2. Murray

3. Galchenyuk

4. Reinhart

5. Rielly.

6. Lindholm

7. Dumba

8. Pouliot

9. Trouba

10. Koekkoek

11. Forsberg

Honestly wouldn't be too upset on missing out on Forsberg if we got Lindholm, Dumba or Trouba either.  That top 4 though. Also keep in mind that the team that drafted him traded him for Erat, so that's where the real shame is here.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, timberz21 said:

1. Yakupov

2. Murray

3. Galchenyuk

4. Reinhart

5. Rielly.

6. Lindholm

7. Dumba

8. Pouliot

9. Trouba

10. Koekkoek

11. Forsberg

Looking at this list (and maybe 2017 later), kind of makes you wonder if losing the lottery if your a bottom 1-4 team is all so bad.  Some busts there for sure.

On 1/12/2019 at 9:52 AM, IBatch said:

Looking at this list (and maybe 2017 later), kind of makes you wonder if losing the lottery if your a bottom 1-4 team is all so bad.  Some busts there for sure.

In years where there are no clear generational talent like McDavid, Dahlin, Matthews, I wonder if the #1 and 2 teams actually picks according to their list or they succumb to popular pressure of going with the consensus.  I mean, in 2017, Hischier and Patrick were the consensus #1/2, but I wonder if New Jersey had Pettersson 1st on their list if they would have picked him or by fear of not picking the general consensus of Hishcier/Patrick they went with one of those 2??  I guess we'll never know.

47 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

In years where there are no clear generational talent like McDavid, Dahlin, Matthews, I wonder if the #1 and 2 teams actually picks according to their list or they succumb to popular pressure of going with the consensus.  I mean, in 2017, Hischier and Patrick were the consensus #1/2, but I wonder if New Jersey had Pettersson 1st on their list if they would have picked him or by fear of not picking the general consensus of Hishcier/Patrick they went with one of those 2??  I guess we'll never know.

Absolutely.  My bet is we took Pettersson in either position is we as fans would have being in an uproar at the start given how much good press the others got.  

Archived