The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laine's Scoring Slump

Just now, Alflives said:

Laine seems like a genuinely good kid.  I don’t think he will pull a “Nylander”, and hold out to get more than he deserves.  

Good kid is a stretch, guy seems pretty full of himself. At the very least I have more reason to believe he has ego than Nylander does. Lol. I like Laine, like Winnipeg, hopefully both sides work out something fair. Laine is not a driving force, he does not deserve 10mil hopefully he realizes that.

• 3 weeks later...

Great scorer, but is a bit one dimensional. I think the league is catching on to him, which contributes to his decreased scoring. Teams are paying close attention to him and not giving him any time and space. 

Also should mention that his compete level compared to EP40 is nada. Don’t know if it’s ego or laziness; maybe a bit of both.

3 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Great scorer, but is a bit one dimensional. I think the league is catching on to him, which contributes to his decreased scoring. Teams are paying close attention to him and not giving him any time and space. 

Also should mention that his compete level compared to EP40 is nada. Don’t know if it’s ego or laziness; maybe a bit of both.

How is he a minus 12 (or even minus anything?) playing on a top scoring team with really good line Mates? 

He is a bigger and more skilled version of Goldobin. He does not care for defence. He refuses to examine and upgrade his game based on what the team needs and how other NHL players compete. Overall, he is not  very coachable. He lacks the intelligence and curiosity to study the game and become a master.  He does not drive his line and merely complements his line mates. In a salary capped NHL, this type of player is of very limited use. 

Winnipeg should trade him at the end of the playoffs to Edmonton for maximum return and perhaps some cap relief. 

Boy he's been brutal recently.  I've never seen much hustle to his game, but lately he's playing like he's mentally checked out and just doesn't care.  I honestly don't think he would even be having that much success in the ECHL the way he's playing right now.

He strikes me as arrogant. Great sound bite trashing the Canucks earlier this year. But his skill did not lead the Jets to the final last year. In fact I do not remember anything from him but his stupid Amish beard. I have no problem with the Jets but this little boy is no second coming of Teemu. Maybe he should spend a little time rounding his game out but probably not. Ovi will be winning scoring titles well into his Gordie Howe fifties while this chump will be playing lawn darts with Nail Yakupov :P

4 minutes ago, Gelinas34 said:

He strikes me as arrogant. Great sound bite trashing the Canucks earlier this year. But his skill did not lead the Jets to the final last year. In fact I do not remember anything from him but his stupid Amish beard. I have no problem with the Jets but this little boy is no second coming of Teemu. Maybe he should spend a little time rounding his game out but probably not. Ovi will be winning scoring titles well into his Gordie Howe fifties while this chump will be playing lawn darts with Nail Yakupov :P

Jets win again,  but Laine is a minus one and does nothing but hurt his team when he’s on the ice.  Is Laine turning into a bustaroo?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jets win again,  but Laine is a minus one and does nothing but hurt his team when he’s on the ice.  Is Laine turning into a bustaroo?  

Bure was a few years older when we helped the Canucks on their Cup run and I do not seem to recall him trashing other teams while going about his business. And he actually did something on the ice...for years even on bad knees. Maybe this chump should stick to playing hockey, learning the game and he could be an all around player some day. Or maybe this is Karma. I would laugh and laugh if his 5 goal night was the highlight of his career. IMO I could care less if he is slumping. 

Guess I should stop commenting in this thread :P

Archived