The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

On 1/19/2019 at 1:50 AM, Ahren14 said:

Canucks rebuld over the past 4 years = greater then the oilers over the past 11 years :emot-parrot:

My son is such an Oiler fan that I forced myself to watch their game against the Flamers last night. It was a pretty brutal contrast between the two teams. Calgary has depth, speed and tenacity. Oilers have qualified speed (McDavid). I liked Nuge's game as well as McDavid, did not like LD's game much. 

Flamers are for real. My only question would be their goal tending. 

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My son is such an Oiler fan that I forced myself to watch their game against the Flamers last night. It was a pretty brutal contrast between the two teams. Calgary has depth, speed and tenacity. Oilers have qualified speed (McDavid). I liked Nuge's game as well as McDavid, did not like LD's game much. 

Flamers should get Bobrovsky, they have the pieces 

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

No argument... Flames look great.

Oilers really are terrible.  No goalie ... No D ... No help for McDavid ... Cap problems ... Worst though? Their management.  

Watching Hichcock on After Hours, I came away with the sense that the Oilers are in for a long, very slow rebuild. He was saying all the right stuff, my hometown, I live 10 minutes from the arena, I'm an Edmonton boy, and all that. I've only seen a Canuck team that fragile, with a fair bit of talent on paper that is, Moglilny, Messier, Bure, Linden, et al, since the Keenan days. The Oilers are much worse.

I wonder what a realistic price would be for Mc David. 

Let's say the Avs wanted to take a shot. 

Could it look like Nate Mac + Ottawas first + Barrie?

For McDavid and Lucic? 

I think maybe the best way for them to get better would be the trade the only player on their team other teams will over pay for. 

Chia has sold off their depth in bad trades. Extended their rebuild by losing too much value in those deals. I think one deal a lot of people forget is the chance to draft Barzal (top 10 talent in his draft year) at 16th overall or pass on him for the next highly ranked dman Thomas Chabot. Instead he trade the pick along with his 2nd rounder for Griffin freaking Rienhart!

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Watching Hichcock on After Hours, I came away with the sense that the Oilers are in for a long, very slow rebuild. He was saying all the right stuff, my hometown, I live 10 minutes from the arena, I'm an Edmonton boy, and all that. I've only seen a Canuck team that fragile, with a fair bit of talent on paper that is, Moglilny, Messier, Bure, Linden, et al, since the Keenan days. The Oilers are much worse.

It’s pretty bad.

the oilers aged maclellan about 25 years.  Pretty sure the oilers will put hitch in his grave.

johnny hockey completely dominated the oilers.

connor who?

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

For McDavid and Lucic? 

I think maybe the best way for them to get better would be the trade the only player on their team other teams will over pay for. 

I don’t think the Oilers would trade McD but it would take a lot more than that package to land the best player in the game, especially if you’re tying Lucic to it.

For McDavid and Lucic? 

Jost, the Ottawa and Avs 1st this year, Oilers 2nd.  Cale Makar and next year's Avs 1st

Giving the Avs the most ridiculous center depth since Malkin/Crosby and the Oilers cap relief and a shot at a true rebuild

Never happen but....

I think we will see the Coilers make a play for Zuccarello from the Rangers or Simmonds from the Flyers - it would have to involve their first and Puljujarvi - although do the Oilers make it lottery protected as I can see them ending up in the running for the lottery the way they are playing :)

For McDavid and Lucic? 

Take a look back at what the Lindros trade involved and that’s the kind of package it would take to deal McDavid. Can you omage Oil fans if they had to live through a 99 and 97 trade in the same lifetime?:emot-parrot:

For McDavid and Lucic? 

Huh?  Mackinnon has as many points as mcdavid. Why the hell would the avs trade mac? They sure as hell would not add a 1st (possible 1st overall pick) and barrie for a lateral move lmao or a slight increase in talent....come on.

18 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh?  Mackinnon has as many points as mcdavid. Why the hell would the avs trade mac? They sure as hell would not add a 1st (possible 1st overall pick) and barrie for a lateral move lmao or a slight increase in talent....come on.

Dude come on man it's not like I thought the proposal through I'm not an oil fan or and avs fan I mearly was making the point that there isn't anyone other than MC David they can trade in a winning scenario left. Everyone smells blood and frankly the longer anyone plays in Edmonton the more they depreciate in value. 

8 hours ago, hammertime said:

It would suck to play them but I'd LOVE to see him go to Nashville. Imagine him, with that speed and their D *drool* Him and Johansen as a 1-2 punch at C... :wub:

Tolvanen, Fabbro, a couple firsts and a couple vets to balance salary would probably be close...

Archived