The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

3 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Actually sounds b.s to me he’s declining teams inside out and rather stay in deadmonton.  Like seriously ? Refusing to waive his ntc to stay in Edmonton ? Doesn’t even sound right.

Most logical explanation would be he's on parole and needs to check in with his PO in Edmonton frequently.  There's no other reason anyone wouldn't jump at the opportunity to escape that dump.

11 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Bob Nicholson contradicted this thread. He said the oilers won't mortgage the future. He said they want to add but not at the expense of a first or top prospects. Rumours have them interested in Ryan Dzingel and Mats Zuccarello.

When did Nicholson see the 'light'? Does anyone seriously think he did not sign off on the deals that his GM made? If Nicholson is in 'no' hurry to sign a new GM then Oiler fans should be asking what 'panel' will be making the TDL decisions?

A question for those CDCers that like and want the Canucks to trade for pool-party. Can you give some reasons why?

I am not a fan of his. I didn’t think he was anything special at the world junior. I could not figure out what the hype was about. I could see why people like PL a dynamic range of talent. Pool-party seemed more 1 dimensional. I’m sure Edm has done nothing to help his development but I’m not sure they have begun to ruin him. I see the same player in the NHL as he was in junior. He doesn’t seem to have that next level or gear. 

I am no scout, and I don’t have a better eye for the game than others. And I’m not saying my opinion is the right one.  Im just curious as to what others are seeing that I am not. What makes you think he has more to offer? What do you see that makes you believe there is some untapped potential.

There was 1 GM that knew him better than anyone, and that was the Blue Jackets GM. He had zero interest in drafting pool-party. And went ahead and passed on his ass. Confusing most. I felt that confirmed what I was seeing. I understand size, speed and skill. But if a player doesn’t seem to have the IQ to put it together. I haven’t watched a single game where he has used all 3 of these things. Never mind use all three in one shift to do something special. Something that makes you go, Oh ok now I get it.  If he could do that more often, wow, he’ll be special. 

Ive seen these moments with Jake and Goldy. 

What am I missing with pool-party?

5 minutes ago, John McClane said:

A question for those CDCers that like and want the Canucks to trade for pool-party. Can you give some reasons why?

I am not a fan of his. I didn’t think he was anything special at the world junior. I could not figure out what the hype was about. I could see why people like PL a dynamic range of talent. Pool-party seemed more 1 dimensional. I’m sure Edm has done nothing to help his development but I’m not sure they have begun to ruin him. I see the same player in the NHL as he was in junior. He doesn’t seem to have that next level or gear. 

I am no scout, and I don’t have a better eye for the game than others. And I’m not saying my opinion is the right one.  Im just curious as to what others are seeing that I am not. What makes you think he has more to offer? What do you see that makes you believe there is some untapped potential.

There was 1 GM that knew him better than anyone, and that was the Blue Jackets GM. He had zero interest in drafting pool-party. And went ahead and passed on his ass. Confusing most. I felt that confirmed what I was seeing. I understand size, speed and skill. But if a player doesn’t seem to have the IQ to put it together. I haven’t watched a single game where he has used all 3 of these things. Never mind use all three in one shift to do something special. Something that makes you go, Oh ok now I get it.  If he could do that more often, wow, he’ll be special. 

Ive seen these moments with Jake and Goldy. 

What am I missing with pool-party?

To add to your point about CBJ, their GM is a finn, he may have had inside info that deterred him from selecting JP

Archived