The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Oilers are all in on getting help at forward

The_Rocket

1 minute ago, Bitter Melon said:

Not a chance. 

it's likely to be a lottery eligible pick, plus a #4 overall with size and speed for a pure sniper who doesn't really have a complete game.  I like Boes, but I'm not a huge fan, so I would probably go for it.  They could probably package their pick and the OIl for a first or second oa pick.

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Boeser for the Oilers 1st and Pool Party.  Would you?

Maybe there is no deal with my way of thinking?

But no, I don't make that move. Boeser has defined himself as Petey's top line RW partner for the next decade. Pulli is a great target, but too poor in his development to invest Boeser.

Our goal should be to trade from strength. That's C & LHD.  AND from our veterans. As much as the Mngmnt has not said it. Linden alluded to ''that word (rebuild)'' if that is what it takes to galvanize the fans. As a rebuilding squad, I can also handle a loss to our roster. If its from our older core. That's Sutter, Edler, Tanev, Eriksson and i'll include Granlund + Baer.  Not fair to ask Roussel or Beagle at this stage, unless they want to go?

My take is a quantity deal. Which could be valued by Edmonton.  As really, if they had depth they can just play Draisaitl with Nuge & McDavid full time. Depth accomplishes the same thing as a higher end top line forward;

Sutter (an Alberta boy, 45 minutes from South Edmonton to where his dad coaches) + Baertschi. Baer to help them score, Sutt's to add some defensive acumen, free up the big boys. For Puljurvi & a depth prospect, say Filip Berglund. A player similar to Edler at age 20, now 21 & playing well in the SHL. 6'3'', mobile, hits, and has a nice shot. Throw in MDZ for a 3rd while we're at it. They need D help as well, while Sekera & Klefbom are out.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/player/16279/stats

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

it's likely to be a lottery eligible pick, plus a #4 overall with size and speed for a pure sniper who doesn't really have a complete game.  I like Boes, but I'm not a huge fan, so I would probably go for it.  They could probably package their pick and the OIl for a first or second oa pick.

No. If you give McDavid a triggerman like Boeser they’re more than likely making the playoffs. That’s a high teens pick at most. This board staggers me sometimes. Boeser isn’t the worlds greatest player by any stretch but he nearly broke Bure’s rookie record while still missing significant time to injury. This year he’d be on pace for 70 points in a full 82 game season. He’s a great FIRST LINE winger. CDC’s overrating of Pulju is nuts. Puljujarvi has bust screamed all over him. He’s shown nothing at the NHL level despite getting time with the best player in the world, and given his motor and that he has the IQ of a board I have extremely high doubts he’ll come anywhere close to his draft projection.  But he’s an elite asset worth giving up Boeser for, because he’s big and was drafted high  even if it’s to a division rival, if it’s coupled with a lottery ticket pick in the teens at best. Oh and Juolevi is a bust for not making the NHL at 20.

3 minutes ago, Shiftynifty said:

JV straight up for Poolparty. Who says no?

We do very quickly.  When Jake isn’t producing offensively, he contributes with intimidation, and smart defensive play.  Poolparty is a huge liability, and dies nothing.  

Oilers are winning - Lucic has potted anotrher in the game. All is good in Deadmonton :emot-parrot:

The 1st round pick might get them something - Talbot has no real trade value although he is on an expiring contract. They can't afford to get rid of Nugent Hopkins sooo where does that leave them? I don't think its just a top 6 forward they need - they need (as many have pointed out) a true # 1 D first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

Goldy for Benson?

I'd be all over that but the Goldy is playing it would be hard to get that much back for him.

The analytics people seem to like him though, maybe the Coyotes will offer maximum return.

1 hour ago, Toyotasfan said:

I wonder if St. Louis would take Edmonton’s 1rst for Ryan O’Riley? 

Teams need to fear St Louis - they are healthy and have games in hand of teams in front of them - plus they are playing good hockey right now. I don't see them selling (at least not yet)

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Good point. Money says Kratz has final say.

Or Bob Nicholson and the Gretzky team, Chiarelli is obviously on a very short leash.

I foresee the Gretzky boys moving in one day, that's what the Oilers do best with their old boys country club culture.

Archived