The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Micheal Ferland

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Crappy for them though considering what they gave up to acquire him. Never mind that they're not currently even in the playoffs to require an 'own rental'.

The Hurricanes were aware of all the scenarios that might play out with this player before they acquired him.

Free Agency for a player is a rare opportunity for a player to have some control over where or what happens in his career.

Some of these kids give it all up from the age of 14 for this opportunity. 

I kind of think Ferland is undecided in whole approach to FA, anyone who has been through personal issues is really just looking for the right environment to work/play/live.. and to feel wanted.

Carolina would lose an extra asset if Ferland was traded unsigned, or did not sign.

Ferland will be better off to have the offseason to think about things,  Carolina keeps a strong forward for the time being, and the opportunity to show Ferland he is wanted..

Personally I think Ferland in our group would be a catalyst of sorts for the grit to appear across 4 lines of forwards, and 3 lines of D.

Here's some news on Carolina's plans : (statements made by Carolina's GM Waddell)

“We’ve got some UFAs and one that has gotten some interest and traction,” Waddell said of Ferland. “I’ve said maybe that’s our rental piece if things are going well. We know we may not be able to sign him, but if we trade him we have to go out and find a piece.”

“I would say we’re talking to a lot of people, a lot of teams. But I’ve told everybody we’ll get through the (road trip) and see where things are.”

Archived