The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler And Ducks..

wildcam

I can't be more happier to look at how Ducks are sinking..

Kesler ran out of town after signing a contract and handcuffed Vancouver..

He wanted to win a cup and asked for trade to Ducks or Pittsburgh..

Pittsburgh was up against cap so it was Ducks he was dealt to..

Never wins his cup....Yippie and they will not win a cup...

2018-19 GP 44 -- 6 points - ( 6.7 million)  37 years old worst contract in league.  3 more years ..lol

2 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I can't be more happier to look at how Ducks are sinking..

Kesler ran out of town after signing a contract and handcuffed Vancouver..

He wanted to win a cup and asked for trade to Ducks or Pittsburgh..

Pittsburgh was up against cap so it was Ducks he was dealt to..

Never wins his cup....Yippie and they will not win a cup...

2018-19 GP 44 -- 6 points - ( 6.7 million)  37 years old worst contract in league.  3 more years ..lol

whos kesler? never heard of this degenerate..

Oh I dunno... sure he is down but it's not like he had a reason to stay. This team was trash. they were not trying to get better. Constantly getting one guy to fit the twins but nothing concrete. Like you sed he wanted the cup. We all did. Hence the big hate on the twins. I was happy when they retired. Sure nostalgic but none the less happy we had a chance to get a full team not based on the twins and their many mile stones . Just solid defense and maybe more challenges in net. but we are getting there now. Kes was a good player. A little hot headed lone wolfish but he was good. But def not captain material LOL

11 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Will Edler get the same hatred for handcuffing the Canucks by not wanting to waive his NTC so the Canucks can get assets for him, and he gets a chance at the cup (and could very likely sign back here in the summer)?

Quit joking around LOL You are scaring me...:o

8 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Will Edler get the same hatred for handcuffing the Canucks by not wanting to waive his NTC so the Canucks can get assets for him, and he gets a chance at the cup (and could very likely sign back here in the summer)?

No as Edler has never gone to the Canucks and said "Trade me" nor has he ever said "Trade me, but only to one of these two teams".

lost any respect for him when he went public and told the media players should take a home town discount actually bringing up burrows name ,and then subsequently  signing a 6 yr 30 mil right  after burrows signed a 4 yr 8 mil contract? burrows remaining loyal to the end ,and still to this day , kesler being the self centered self entitled arrogant douch  deserves this!

Stop the hate on this man. I don’t know how old you all are but we wouldn’t have been on the 2011 run without him. He cried after the loss and was business the whole way through the playoffs.

People have the right to choose where they play, he didn’t have to be loyal to the Nucks just because a contract was signed - demanding a trade is normal in a business perspective. 

Vancouver is not the only place on earth, is not the center of universe nor is it even near one of the more desirable places to play or live in. Just because we are living here for various reasons doesn’t mean Kesler had to want to. The team was going down hill so why hate him for not staying? Out of what, because you are hurt that a worldclass player didn’t want to play for your team?

45 minutes ago, gurn said:

No as Edler has never gone to the Canucks and said "Trade me" nor has he ever said "Trade me, but only to one of these two teams".

Forcing a trade to 1 or 2 teams (thus handicapping a rebuilding team to acquire assets) is not the same as forcing the team to not be able to trade you (thus handicapping a rebuilding team to acquire assets) ?

Both scenarios involve a veteran on a rebuilding team not allowing flexibility to the team that drafted him to get better for the future. 

Kesler brought Bonino, Sbisa and a 1st round pick, which eventually has settled us on Brandon Sutter, Gudbranson and Sbisa was our offering for the expansion lottery.

If Edler continues to insist he not be traded and move away for 6 weeks and does not bring this team back any assets, how can you say it is not selfish and detrimental to the team?

If your argument is Edler is just invoking his no trade clause, then Kesler was also just invoking his modified NTC.

Favourite player from that 06-13 Era and still is. Hasn't won a cup yet but neither has anyone else significant on those teams so oh well. 

Gave the team an attitude its been missing since.

Still remember when Dustin  Brown had his way with Luongo and he was the only one who bothered to react the next time they played. 

10 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

Favourite player from that 06-13 Era and still is. Hasn't won a cup yet but neither has anyone else significant on those teams so oh well. 

Gave the team an attitude its been missing since.

Still remember when Dustin  Brown had his way with Luongo and he was the only one who bothered to react the next time they played. 

He was mine as well. Heart and soul, chippy player with skill and elite shutdown defence. Nearly helped win the Canucks a cup in the 2011 run. I remember how he destroyed Nashville that year. 

Injuries and time have broken down his body now, no surprise with the way he played the game -> all out. 

We got a pretty good haul for Kesler too -> Sbisa, Bonino, and a 1st round pick.

Bonino was a good center for us before we traded him for a worse one in Sutter. He went on to win 2 cups with Pittsburgh and is on Nashville now. Why we traded the better Bonino for a worse Sutter, I'll have no idea. 

1st round pick ended up as Jared McCann who became Gudbranson. Blame this one on drafting, David Pastrnak was the very next pick. 

He didn’t handcapp us.  Our terrible ownership or management handicapped us.

The Mcccan pick was fine. It didn’t turned out but was a good asset.

Sbisa , sure I’ll forgive that one because he sort of had potential and was sort of young. Don’t like it but I can understand it. 

Bonino, despite him being a solid second/third line center, there was no reason for not getting Theodore or a 2nd round pick instead. And don’t give me that bs about Anaheim determining that. No team in their right mind wouldn’t want a Getzlaf, Kesler, and Bonino down the middle at the time. Our idiot GM Benning insisted on replacing Kesler in that trade and totally handcappped the assets coming back when a rebuilding team didn’t require Kesler to be instantly replaced properly at all. Putting Horvat there earlier would have been perfectly fine. And we could have had Theodore, Vatinen, or another pick.

The Kesler trade could have been perfectly fine, despite the NTC, if our management was better. Don’t blame Kesler lol

41 minutes ago, chon derry said:

lost any respect for him when he went public and told the media players should take a home town discount actually bringing up burrows name ,and then subsequently  signing a 6 yr 30 mil right  after burrows signed a 4 yr 8 mil contract? burrows remaining loyal to the end ,and still to this day , kesler being the self centered self entitled arrogant douch  deserves this!

Never realized that, yeah that sounded like a prick move. Lol

At least the discount Burrows gave added to the legendary Burrows do we need him thread. 

Archived