The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler And Ducks..

wildcam

19 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Stop the hate on this man. I don’t know how old you all are but we wouldn’t have been on the 2011 run without him. He cried after the loss and was business the whole way through the playoffs.

People have the right to choose where they play, he didn’t have to be loyal to the Nucks just because a contract was signed - demanding a trade is normal in a business perspective. 

Vancouver is not the only place on earth, is not the center of universe nor is it even near one of the more desirable places to play or live in. Just because we are living here for various reasons doesn’t mean Kesler had to want to. The team was going down hill so why hate him for not staying? Out of what, because you are hurt that a worldclass player didn’t want to play for your team?

He didn’t have the right to choose where he wants to play. He had the right to veto a trade, if he didn’t like the team he was going to.......big difference. Kesler resquested a trade, because he wanted to win, fair enough. So, Benning asked Kesler to give him a list of teams. He handicapped management by listing only one team he would waive to (two, if you count Chicago, but they were already in cap trouble). D**k  move, if you asked me. He deserves all the hatred from the fans.

Didn’t matter to me though, since I never liked him to begin with.

It's surprising how many "Kesler" jerseys there are when you go to a Canucks game.  He was obviously very popular with a lot of the locals during the 2011 cup run era. I also didn't like how he went about leaving Vancouver - very selfish but that's him in a nutshell.

We had a power outage here for a couple of days before Christmas. I spent the time removing the Kesler nameplate from the back of my jersey, removing all the letters and changed "Kesler" to "Leivo". There may be a business opportunity in that.

18 hours ago, chon derry said:

edler also took a discount on the contract  he signed  to enable ntc to be in the contract,   a far cry from keslers 'hey guys  take a lowball contract , you know 1 for the team'  only to turn around and sign a contract 6 mil 6 year of which there was 2 years remaining that he didnt honour? after burrows signed low 2mil 4 yr  , lots of class kesler , to bad its all 2nd class.  he's a guy that derives enjoyment out of being hated , how about the troll job on van after the trade ,ya GM place is my fav place to score especially against the canucks he's a GOOF!

kes never made $6 million per season from the canucks

his contract was 6 years at $5 million per

it was not front loaded

18 hours ago, wildcam said:

Agree he is 37 years old GP 44 -- 6 points .... 3 yrs left at 6.8 million,,,

kesler is 34 years old

(he was born in 1984)

22 hours ago, Xbox said:

12 straight losses and still in a playoff spot? The West is so bad. It's like the opposite of the NBA

but not as bad as the East.

looked at the standings yesterday, except fot the Ducks + 1 other team, all the non-playoff teams are about 500 over their last 10 games

In the East they are all 2-8 or 3-7

Meanwhile the top teams in eavery division are running 8-2 ish

there is a real dicotamy in the league right now

The loser point is keeping Anahiem, erm competitive

19 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Edler is passionate about this team and city. Kesler played his heart out here, but burned all of that with how he left. Why Edler should get any hatred is beyond me. You give the guy a NTC, you don't expect to gain any assets for him in the end. It would be a nice gesture on Edler's part to do such a thing, but that would be Edler going above and beyond on top of giving his all as a Canuck as well. Kesler gave us the finger and demanded a trade and instead of opening up the options for us to maximize the return, he actually handcuffed us. Even if Edler does agree to waive, but only allows a couple of teams, I'm sure you will still be upset with him for "handcuffing" us. There's a huge difference between a player forcing his way out and screwing us over at the same time versus a guy wanting to be here that may or may not be asked to waive his NTC. For Edler, he may want a Cup, but he wants it with Vancouver and he's only 33 so he may still have a shot at it here, but yeah let's hate on him...

Plus Edler is still arguably the best D on the team. Kessler?  If he was on the team, the only center I’d have him ahead of is Schaller.

3 hours ago, shiznak said:

He didn’t have the right to choose where he wants to play. He had the right to veto a trade, if he didn’t like the team he was going to.......big difference. Kesler resquested a trade, because he wanted to win, fair enough. So, Benning asked Kesler to give him a list of teams. He handicapped management by listing only one team he would waive to (two, if you count Chicago, but they were already in cap trouble). D**k  move, if you asked me. He deserves all the hatred from the fans.

Didn’t matter to me though, since I never liked him to begin with.

Even bure didn’t do this.  Just trade me him. Any team works.  Kesler wanted to be with his buddy in Chicago, our hated rival, what an asshole, that wasn’t an option then it was Pittsburgh, that didn’t work out then Anaheim. It’s the way he picked his teams like he’s an entitled sore loser.  He got injured too right ? Like recently.

22 hours ago, Down by the River said:

You don't understand how rights work. You have a right to choose to not play for a given team, but you don't have the right to choose which team you play for. 

if u have a ntc clause like kesler had you can decide where you go and he did and it was to ducks only team he waived to it was his right 

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

if u have a ntc clause like kesler had you can decide where you go and he did and it was to ducks only team he waived to it was his right 

Yes, but that does not mean he has a right to play wherever he wants. He can dictate where he can be traded to, but he can't dictate (a) that a team trade him and (b) that the team he wants to play for accepts him. The latter two criteria are necessary for him to have a right to say what team he plays for. 

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yes, but that does not mean he has a right to play wherever he wants. He can dictate where he can be traded to, but he can't dictate (a) that a team trade him and (b) that the team he wants to play for accepts him. The latter two criteria are necessary for him to have a right to say what team he plays for. 

look wat happened tho

On 1/16/2019 at 11:34 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

I was a fan of Kesler when he was here. The guy played his ass off here. He had a NTC, given to him by Gillis, so he earned the right to choose where he wanted to go.

No issue with the guy as a Canuck, but have heard as a person, he's an immense douchenozzle.

Can confirm on both accounts. 

On January 16, 2019 at 11:05 AM, Tomatoes11 said:

He didn’t handcapp us.  Our terrible ownership or management handicapped us.

The Mcccan pick was fine. It didn’t turned out but was a good asset.

Sbisa , sure I’ll forgive that one because he sort of had potential and was sort of young. Don’t like it but I can understand it. 

Bonino, despite him being a solid second/third line center, there was no reason for not getting Theodore or a 2nd round pick instead. And don’t give me that bs about Anaheim determining that. No team in their right mind wouldn’t want a Getzlaf, Kesler, and Bonino down the middle at the time. Our idiot GM Benning insisted on replacing Kesler in that trade and totally handcappped the assets coming back when a rebuilding team didn’t require Kesler to be instantly replaced properly at all. Putting Horvat there earlier would have been perfectly fine. And we could have had Theodore, Vatinen, or another pick.

The Kesler trade could have been perfectly fine, despite the NTC, if our management was better. Don’t blame Kesler lol

BENNING HAD TO TRADE KESLER ?????? Not healthy having a player on your team that does not want to play for you?

No team will allow this to happen?? This is all on Kesler....Benning did a great job when he only had one team to trade with..

So happy Kesler never won his cup.... A good pro would not handcuff the team that just signed him to a 5 million Dollar contract....

Kesler giving Vancouver only 2 teams to trade with is the worst thing...I understand Kesler wanted out of town...Kesler should of given list of 10 -12 teams to trade with...

On 1/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, ktcy2 said:

Stop the hate on this man. I don’t know how old you all are but we wouldn’t have been on the 2011 run without him. He cried after the loss and was business the whole way through the playoffs.

People have the right to choose where they play, he didn’t have to be loyal to the Nucks just because a contract was signed - demanding a trade is normal in a business perspective. 

Vancouver is not the only place on earth, is not the center of universe nor is it even near one of the more desirable places to play or live in. Just because we are living here for various reasons doesn’t mean Kesler had to want to. The team was going down hill so why hate him for not staying? Out of what, because you are hurt that a worldclass player didn’t want to play for your team?

Stop with the mature and reasoned response.   It scares the children.

in my opinion, once the player requests a trade, the NTC or NMC should be considered null and void right away.  I know it isn't but really, when a player requests to get traded I consider it a breach of contract.  NTC or NMC is in place to protect the player from the team trading them or trading them to anywhere the team pleases.  Once a player requests a trade, the team should be able to trade him to any team they want.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:05 AM, Tomatoes11 said:

He didn’t handcapp us.  Our terrible ownership or management handicapped us.

The Mcccan pick was fine. It didn’t turned out but was a good asset.

Sbisa , sure I’ll forgive that one because he sort of had potential and was sort of young. Don’t like it but I can understand it. 

Bonino, despite him being a solid second/third line center, there was no reason for not getting Theodore or a 2nd round pick instead. And don’t give me that bs about Anaheim determining that. No team in their right mind wouldn’t want a Getzlaf, Kesler, and Bonino down the middle at the time. Our idiot GM Benning insisted on replacing Kesler in that trade and totally handcappped the assets coming back when a rebuilding team didn’t require Kesler to be instantly replaced properly at all. Putting Horvat there earlier would have been perfectly fine. And we could have had Theodore, Vatinen, or another pick.

The Kesler trade could have been perfectly fine, despite the NTC, if our management was better. Don’t blame Kesler lol

What?!

LOL

Archived