The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 16, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Shootouts are the &^@#ing worst man

I'll never understand ending a team game with an individual skill contest

The way I see it, the team had 65 minutes to win the game, and didnt. It was good, but having 3OT in reg season sucks too.

If we had EP the game wouldn't have even gone to OT

Just now, Davathor said:

The way I see it, the team had 65 minutes to win the game, and didnt. It was good, but having 3OT in reg season sucks too.

If we had EP the game wouldn't have even gone to OT

That's fair, I get what you're saying. But I'd rather take an old fashioned tie than put up with a shootout if teams can't solve things in OT.

And likely.

gotta say it

this is a ragtag team of players

with no one who can really lead and get things done regularly

marky had a sharp game

granlund was good

ep40 is the little engine that could

without a rookie 20 year old

this team really struggles

we need more from bo, brock, jake..

come on guys. you are the young potential

these guys just have to show a bit more

Just now, Mustapha said:

Whatever Ian Clark has done with Markstrom is working. He's really improved, he has been solid now for a long time. I have to admit, I didn't think Markstrom had it in him. I bet Columbus regrets not having Clark anymore.

Didn't they have a goalie problem with off ice issues?  Ian probably is glad he got out in time. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Didn't they have a goalie problem with off ice issues?  Ian probably is glad he got out in time. 

Well that proves my point. Bobrovsky is a skilled goalie, but Clark really helped him reach another level. I believe his departure is one reason why Bob has been struggling. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

So, because Granlund got a goal and assist, he earned first shot in shootout. To me, that's an issue. Shootout is a separate entity.

He's 5 for 9 in shootouts in his career. Which happens to be one of the best on the team currently, so not entirely surprised by that choice. 

Nice effort by the Canucks keeping McDavid mostly contained, just one gaffe when Tanev backed in too far.

All in all this was an very entertaining game and I love the hustle these guys have shown this year.

Archived