The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Kings shopping Jake Muzzin for 1st-round pick, prospect

The Los Angeles Kings won't give up Jake Muzzin for cheap.

The team is seeking a first-round pick and a prospect in exchange for Muzzin, according to The Athletic's Pierre LeBrun.

LeBrun notes it's not certain the Kings will deal Muzzin ahead of the Feb. 25 trade deadline, but they are listening to potential offers.

The 29-year-old is having a solid season with 20 points in 47 games, second among the club's defenders behind Drew Doughty. He leads all Kings blue-liners with a 50.96 Corsi For rating and is first on the team in both hits and blocked shots.

Muzzin has one year remaining on his contract after this season and carries a $4-million cap hit.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1700436

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

Jake Muzzin to the leafs for their 1st. Let's book it and put a bow on it.

I dunno. Possible, but I think Toronto is going to be more likely to try and acquire a right handed shot top-4 dman.

54 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Smart speed up the rebuild by adding more picks. Wish we took the same approach through our really bad years. Now that we’re a fringe playoff team we can’t sell the season away.

are you really complaining about how Van did things?

The Leafs would be smart to not only add a defenceman but a Cup winning playoff warrior like Muzzin to their relatively inexperienced young core. Those kids are flashy and skilled but when it comes to the playoffs Toronto needs some grit and some playoff experience, and Muzzin gives that to them.

If I were the Leafs I'd be willing to pay a lot for someone like Muzzin. Kapanen + 1st for Muzzin, go nuts.

17 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

The Leafs would be smart to not only add a defenceman but a Cup winning playoff warrior like Muzzin to their relatively inexperienced young core. Those kids are flashy and skilled but when it comes to the playoffs Toronto needs some grit and some playoff experience, and Muzzin gives that to them.

If I were the Leafs I'd be willing to pay a lot for someone like Muzzin. Kapanen + 1st for Muzzin, go nuts.

Exactly what I was thinking...maybe sending some cap back as well.

Honestly the Leafs would be idiots not to pursue this.

Leafs trade Nylander straight up with a caveat Muzzin re-signs with them, takes care of their immidiate cap-issues signing Marner and Mathews gets easier and all Dubas has to say is he was wrong about saying he’d never trade him, just a rookie mistake.  Leaf land forgives him and starts planning the route of their parade. 

On 1/17/2019 at 9:26 PM, stawns said:

do you not watch hockey?  Muzzin is a legit #2-3

I dont know much about Muzzin, but being a #2-3 on a team that lives and dies by the trap, and has done so for close to a decade, does not count globally for me. Who sais he’s that good in any other team/system? 

Archived