The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 5 Thread

Zigmund.Palffy

With Playstation set to come out in stores 2020, lets keep the Playstation 5 talk in here,

heres the latest on PS5;

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/753873/PlayStation-5-News-Sony-send-out-Future-of-PlayStation-survey-sparking-more-PS5-rumours

https://www.t3.com/features/sony-ps5-playstation-5

Edited by WalkWithElias40

3 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Whichever console goes full backwards compatibility will win for me. I want to knock my console count down. 

Agreed. If the new PlayStation is backwards compatible I'll buy it otherwise I won't even consider it. Same thing goes for the new Xbox.

If both are, I'll buy both. If neither are then I won't purchase them but I think there's next to no chance the new Xbox isn't BC. It'll probably work with the XBO controllers as well. I have all but 2 of my 360 games compatible on my Xbox One and the 2 games that aren't are games that came with the system that I never played.

Edited by Xbox

1 hour ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

With Playstation set to come out in stores 2020, lets keep the Playstation 5 talk in here,

heres the latest on PS5;

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/753873/PlayStation-5-News-Sony-send-out-Future-of-PlayStation-survey-sparking-more-PS5-rumours

https://www.t3.com/features/sony-ps5-playstation-5

I've only had my ps4 for a year :(

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Agreed. If the new PlayStation is backwards compatible I'll buy it otherwise I won't even consider it. Same thing goes for the new Xbox.

If both are, I'll buy both. If neither are then I won't purchase them but I think there's next to no chance the new Xbox isn't BC. It'll probably work with the XBO controllers as well. I have all but 2 of my 360 games compatible on my Xbox One and the 2 games that aren't are games that came with the system that I never played.

Every one of my xbox 360 games works on my one. But I don't want to have my original out either. Just one xbox to rule them all would be fantastic. I absolutely hate having to hold on to all my ps stuff as sony just disregards backwards compatibility all together. This generation will be determined by bc for me.

21 minutes ago, MikeyBoy44 said:

Every one of my xbox 360 games works on my one. But I don't want to have my original out either. Just one xbox to rule them all would be fantastic. I absolutely hate having to hold on to all my ps stuff as sony just disregards backwards compatibility all together. This generation will be determined by bc for me.

The new Xbox will be. Idk if the new PS will be but I sure hope so. 

The Xbox One X is what the original Xbox One should have been to begin with if these companies weren't so worried about turning a profit on the consoles when the licensing fees are where the real money is.

These consoles are basically customized PC's.  If you so much as skimp on one part, you gimp everything else right along with it.  Just like most of the pre-made so-called "gaming PC's" that companies like Walmart sell.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jaku said:

I've only had my ps4 for a year :(

This is why I don't want to buy a console again, it will be outdated almost as fast as gaming computers hardware is these days in the race for higher FPS and life like graphics.

At least my PS3 lasted me a good 8 years.

Now every 4 years you get a new console coming out?! Plus charging $80 for new games?!!!

Insanity!!!

I bought a PS4 in October and I know I will get a minimum of 4-5 years of life out of it before the PS5 is any kind of special and by then the PS7 will be coming out which will have a hi def plug in for your rectum and optical enhancing needles for your eyes with a nifty feature that sucks every penny you have out of your account before you even plug it in to ensure you buy all the needed micro transactions

• Haha 1