The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes re-sign Teuvo Teravainen

That's such a nice contract for a 65pt player. 

Contract could look like a steal in a year, if it isn't already. I'm hoping Boeser signs a similar contract to this.

21 minutes ago, khay said:

What was he traded for? Regardless, probably feels like $hit. lol

Contract dump:

To CAR: Teuvo Teravainen, Bryan Bickell

To CHI: 2016 2nd, 2017 3rd

The 2016 2nd ended up being Artur Kayumov. The Hawks traded the 3rd round pick for Tomas Jurco, who’s currently in the AHL.

Bickell, due to illness, had to retire after the next season.

I really like Chicago. But one of negatives to winning 3 Cups (which I’d still rather have over losing assets) is having to part with quality players at some point.

Unfortunately for Chicago, bad contracts, specifically to Toews ($3M too much annually IMO) and Seabrook ($2.5Mish too much) and 4 years too long (and Bickell’s $4M contract), made them panic (as they had to) and trade Teuvo and Hjalmarsson. And then there’s the absolutely awful Panarin trade. Him and Teuvo really mucked things up.

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

That's such a nice contract for a 65pt player. 

Contract could look like a steal in a year, if it isn't already. I'm hoping Boeser signs a similar contract to this.

I was thinking the same. Very promising for what Brock might sign for.

Helps to correct some of the silliness Toronto threw at little Willie.

Brock will get more than 5.4$ million/yr because he's the guy (along with Pettersson) whom the other team keys on when they want to shut down the Canucks. He's the go to guy for offense and he's still good for 65+ pts/yr, so I'm hoping for something in the 7-7.5$ million AAV assuming the Nucks go max length and retain him for 8 years. Tervainen is providing good secondary scoring for the Hurricanes although he's a much better 2way player than Brock.

Kind of proud of my proper use of the word "whom".

Archived