The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SUPERBOWL XLIII NE PATRIOTS VS LA RAMS FEBURARY 3RD, 2019 THREAD

Zigmund.Palffy

WHO WILL WIN SUPERBOWL 53?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Something fishy about this game...  How the Pats D was perfect when the Rams O lined up when the headset mics were on.  But how they didn't do so good when the Rams waited till the mics were off to lineup.

That tells me either someone was listening in to a conversation or someone had access to the other team's playbook.

Considering it was Belichek, I would not be surprised at all to hear later someone did something illegal.

I agree with your supposition Buzz.  The Pats reputation for willingness to cheat certainly leans in the direction that they would cheat again.  I thought they would cheat better on offence too, and put up more points.  I guess that coodinator is out of a job!  :shock:

20 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Something fishy about this game...  How the Pats D was perfect when the Rams O lined up when the headset mics were on.  But how they didn't do so good when the Rams waited till the mics were off to lineup.

That tells me either someone was listening in to a conversation or someone had access to the other team's playbook.

Considering it was Belichek, I would not be surprised at all to hear later someone did something illegal.

You must've missed the news ... News broke early yesterday about the whole Gurley situation.

Turns out the Pats paid him double his salary to feed them the plays. That's why he didn't touch the ball much. 

He would do a different dance (The chicken dance, the macarena, the polska) to tell the Pats defense whether it was a pass or run play and to which side.

The Polska is actually how he hurt his knee.

As for explaining how the Pats D's biggest plays, such as the 0 blitz interception, the 20 yard sack, the 10 yard sack, the near-interception from Hightower, the Gilmore pass break up on Cooks down the left sideline, all came on plays where the Rams didn't break huddle until under 15 seconds, and totally contradicting your entire post, I don't know. Can't think of one. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree with your supposition Buzz.  The Pats reputation for willingness to cheat certainly leans in the direction that they would cheat again.  I thought they would cheat better on offence too, and put up more points.  I guess that coodinator is out of a job!  :shock:

Not buying it. I saw Rams receivers open on several occasions. Goff was just late finding them on a consistent basis....

Come on folks

I ABSOLUTELY HATE the Pats  - despise them but I don't let my hate blind me from the fact the better team won the game and Brady is the best ever to play - the game is bigger and faster now and this guy has 6 Superbowl rings. I almost puke in my mouth saying it but doesn't make it any less true. I just want him to retire so I don't have to watch him play anymore. And take Belicheck with him while he is at :D But again none of this changes the fact of how great he plays the game and great of a coach Belicheck is.

13 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You must've missed the news ... News broke early yesterday about the whole Gurley situation.

Turns out the Pats paid him double his salary to feed them the plays. That's why he didn't touch the ball much. 

He would do a different dance (The chicken dance, the macarena, the polska) to tell the Pats defense whether it was a pass or run play and to which side.

The Polska is actually how he hurt his knee.

As for explaining how the Pats D's biggest plays, such as the 0 blitz interception, the 20 yard sack, the 10 yard sack, the near-interception from Hightower, the Gilmore pass break up on Cooks down the left sideline, all came on plays where the Rams didn't break huddle until under 15 seconds, and totally contradicting your entire post, I don't know. Can't think of one. 

Goff definitely choked... there is no way out of saying that... and by the way, not a Rams fan... I like the 49ers... who haven't been anywhere since they stupidly gave up on Kaepernick.

The 2nd best team in the league is the Kansas City Chiefs... at least they gave the Pats some competition.

And my speculation is just that... however I still think that speculation is warranted considering the Pats history.

11 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Goff definitely choked... there is no way out of saying that... and by the way, not a Rams fan... I like the 49ers... who haven't been anywhere since they stupidly gave up on Kaepernick.

The 2nd best team in the league is the Kansas City Chiefs... at least they gave the Pats some competition.

And my speculation is just that... however I still think that speculation is warranted considering the Pats history.

You can speculate all you want, matter of the fact is spygate occurred in a time where most teams had assistants filming opposing team practices, and happened against a lowly Jets team at the beginning of the season, and as the rest of that season proved, video or no video that team dominated (except for Giants round 2 :( )

And deflate-gate only concluded as a probability, as it was "more likely than not" balls were deflated, even though countless scientists (including those who have nothing to do with the Boston area, or even the USA) have made a stronger case for why it's "than not" rather than "more likely"  -  also, the Patriots ran the ball down the Colts throats that game, I can't think of any way a deflated ball helps a running back run faster, or makes defenders unable to tackle him.

Not to mention other QB's, past and present, came to Brady's defense and said they underinflate or overinflate (A-Rod) outside the "written limits" based on what their preference is. 

Nonetheless, I digress, and will conclude with: even if you're 100% sold on that spygate and deflategate were done with 100% malicious intent, don't you think the NFL would have more monitoring on them than any other team in the league? 

The headsets are already NFL controlled through a separate frequency and system and network than what he teams use to communicate with each other. Unless you think the Pats paid off the NFL. 

On 2/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, Chip Kelly said:

I'm so happy for Edelman coming off an ACL tear,at his age, where his game is so reliant on cutting and lateral quickness.

Its like he didn't miss a beat!

Oh wait... why did he miss that first month of the season again?

The recovery was miraculous. It's almost as if he took a certain "something" to "boost" his recovery.

Hmmmm....

Difference is, it was to get him back to game shape quicker. Not when he was already playing during the season. That to me, is a much more criminal offence when you're healthy and you're juicing as opposed to using juice to get back into form quicker and to enhance your performance during training.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:20 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Lol when did Alshon Jeffery ever take PEDs?

Edelman is  like a muscle hamster out there. 

What other slot WR has arms like him.

Patriots the same team who employed Josh Gordon.

You yourself tweeted his picture at training camp with the Browns looking juiced.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/14/bears-alshon-jeffery-suspension-performance-enhancing-drugs

julian-edelmanedit-1425552993.jpg

1381256347000-USP-NFL-St-Louis-Rams-at-A

3QBDHOUCD5Y3COWOI3RLZPWCHM.jpg

6688928.jpg

Josh Gordon smokes weed. Not PEDs. 

Todd Gurley had a handful of carries and their QB sucked, not too hard to comprehend why they looked so bad offensively.  In the 2nd half KC adjusted, the Rams didn't.  Both looked equally as bad in the first half.  I hated when Tiger Woods would bombard TSN/Sportsnet on Sundays with all his tourney victories, I never once fathom the thought 'oh maybe he has magnets in his golf balls' .

6 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Difference is, it was to get him back to game shape quicker. Not when he was already playing during the season. That to me, is a much more criminal offence when you're healthy and you're juicing as opposed to using juice to get back into form quicker and to enhance your performance during training.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/14/bears-alshon-jeffery-suspension-performance-enhancing-drugs

6688928.jpg

Man, it's almost as if they guys work out all year round lol. 

As a pats fan I was hella disappointed in Edleman for juicing though, it was wrong no matter what the circumstances.  My idol growing up was Trevor Linden, he wouldn't fathom doing that(I hope).  It sends the wrong message to all the kids that look up to Jules.  My two cents. 

2 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

6688928.jpg

His last suspension, prior to the one this year, he was banned for consuming alcohol. He has a substance abuse problem that goes much deeper than weed.

44 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

His last suspension, prior to the one this year, he was banned for consuming alcohol. He has a substance abuse problem that goes much deeper than weed.

It's not just substance abuse. He's got deep psychological issues. To plan to evade 24/7 security to take a toke is not because you just really need to feel the high. He's got inner demons. He's apparently doing really well at the new facility the Kraft's are paying for.

5 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

6688928.jpg

8433011.jpg

Left arm doesn't look suspect? Also that was when Alshon was with the Bears he was always tall and lankier. I could believe he took the wrong stuff because he seems like a soft spoken decent guy overall.

Edelman is a pretty dirty player when blocking or when taking guys legs out when they pick off a pass from Brady.

It was his low hit on Jeremy Lane in the Super Bowl, vs Seattle that caused him to blow out his knee.

I don't think Edleman deserves the benefit of the doubt. Seeing as him being a small guy he can dominate slot corners because he is stronger than them pushing through to get a release.

Gotta say that I am with @MikeBossy.....all this talk of cheating and PEDs just looks like excuses to try and diminish the Patriots' win.

I too despise the Pats, but they won because they designed an excellent defensive scheme to expose Goff's inexperience.

JG was late with his reads all day long and as much as his inexperience plays into it, you have to give Belichick credit for keeping him confused all game. I saw many instances where he was locked in on his primary receiver, even though his check down was wide open. My experience is that QBs get into this rut when the defense confuses them, or they have no time to look to multiple receivers. I believe both played a part in SB LIII.

As far as "Deflategate" goes, I said it at the time and I'll say it now: An under inflated football doesn't make a 38 pt difference. The final score was 45-7.

Personally, I'm disappointed that the Chiefs' DL lined up offside in the AFC championship and I'm disappointed that an obvious PI call was missed in the NFC Championship...but that's football...

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gotta say that I am with @MikeBossy.....all this talk of cheating and PEDs just looks like excuses to try and diminish the Patriots' win.

I too despise the Pats, but they won because they designed an excellent defensive scheme to expose Goff's inexperience.

JG was late with his reads all day long and as much as his inexperience plays into it, you have to give Belichick credit for keeping him confused all game. I saw many instances where he was locked in on his primary receiver, even though his check down was wide open. My experience is that QBs get into this rut when the defense confuses them, or they have no time to look to multiple receivers. I believe both played a part in SB LIII.

As far as "Deflategate" goes, I said it at the time and I'll say it now: An under inflated football doesn't make a 38 pt difference. The final score was 45-7.

Personally, I'm disappointed that the Chiefs' DL lined up offside in the AFC championship and I'm disappointed that an obvious PI call was missed in the NFC Championship...but that's football...

I would concur but I think I have already hit my limit of posts defending the Pats for this year. So with that said, let's have a rousing chorus of...

Tom Brady is a cheater. Bill Belichick is an even bigger cheater. Patriots are the scummiest organization in all of pro sports. Hopefully we are coming close to turning the page on them. I will enjoy it when they go from dynasty to pumpkin like the Chicago Bulls. Fix your D ffs KC. 

On 2/8/2019 at 5:11 PM, Chip Kelly said:

8433011.jpg

Left arm doesn't look suspect? Also that was when Alshon was with the Bears he was always tall and lankier. I could believe he took the wrong stuff because he seems like a soft spoken decent guy overall.

Edelman is a pretty dirty player when blocking or when taking guys legs out when they pick off a pass from Brady.

It was his low hit on Jeremy Lane in the Super Bowl, vs Seattle that caused him to blow out his knee.

I don't think Edleman deserves the benefit of the doubt. Seeing as him being a small guy he can dominate slot corners because he is stronger than them pushing through to get a release.

I don't think you understand how NFL drug testing protocol works :lol:

4 hours ago, gurn said:

Just wish the Pats had won honestly; as it is now I think of them as Barry Bonds, a cheater, who might have been the best to ever play baseball, had he stayed clean.

could have been remarkable, instead it is lamentable. :(

If you want to look at it that way - no championship was won during spy gate, and deflate gate occurred in a 45-7 afc championship win where it was a run dominant game, and the balls for the Super bowl were guarded with as much security as Trump gets. 

Whereas in a scenario like Bonds the advantage remained for several years where he was consistently pumped with "the clear" and mlb didn't have random in season testing. 

NFL PEDs have needed an overvamp for years. The term performance enhancing drugs have become synonymous with steroids, even though there are several other ways players can get an advantage. 

Some players take beta blockers to slow down their heart and calm their nerves and relax the mind, not a steroid, They're on the ped list. The Seahawks defensive players and others over the past decade, were busted for Adderall use, an ADHD medicine that helps focus and concentration, not a steroid, they're in the ped list. 

Jules took something to strengthen his knee ligaments post surgery, otherwise he would've been more ripped in September 2018 than he was in 2017 (the year he made espn's body issue) 

Again I think NFL players are smarter than taking anabolic steroids that not only require daily injection for 3-6 weeks (no way they'd ever pass any drug test given the half life) but also require a post cycle and then a base cycle (in addition to crazy liver damage). Whereas the steroid era in MLB was a group of players being fed them by a single company. 

But then again, if you can get away with murder and rape in the NFL, steroids are peanuts. 

Archived