The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SUPERBOWL XLIII NE PATRIOTS VS LA RAMS FEBURARY 3RD, 2019 THREAD

Zigmund.Palffy

WHO WILL WIN SUPERBOWL 53?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

It is crazy to me that somebody is scoffing at the idea that USC is an esteemed academic institution. It is.

It is literally a better school than anything we offer in Canada.

To be clear, I am not taking a shot at USC the academic institution. I am at big college football programs though.

I am saying in general athletes get in to these prestigious schools with lesser grades, only based on athletic scholarships they give out.

Especially college football players are skipping class and are going there for show mostly to stay on the team.

This is why I used Stanford as an example of a legit good football program, that makes players be students first and maintain a G.P.A. and not just athletes.

30 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

To be clear, I am not taking a shot at USC the academic institution. I am at big college football programs though.

I am saying in general athletes get in to these prestigious schools with lesser grades, only based on athletic scholarships they give out.

Especially college football players are skipping class and are going there for show mostly to stay on the team.

This is why I used Stanford as an example of a legit good football program, that makes players be students first and maintain a G.P.A. and not just athletes.

My friend tutored Keyshwan Johnson and Curtis Conway when he attended USC. They weren't there because they were top students and top athletes.

3 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Is that really true though?

I mean 25 players on Stanford have undeclared majors, 11 more take Science, Tech, and Society which basically as joke program as you can be in at Stanford. That's a 3rd of the team with no clear educational path or in a Major that is basically the joke of the university.

Comparatively speaking, USC has 11 Undeclared, and 7 in Sociology. Quite a few in Communications (which would normally be a joke major) but Annenberg, objectively speaking, is literally the best Communications School in the US.

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

My friend tutored Keyshwan Johnson and Curtis Conway when he attended USC. They weren't there because they were top students and top athletes.

Keyshwan is no dumbbell, either.  These elite level athletes are quite often bright too, especially in football, where the playbook is HUGE.  

On 1/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, Boone Jenner said:

Mediocre at best, Aaron Donald is who they need to look out for.

Suh could end up being a big factor...

I'm of the opinion that the Rams need to put pressure on Brady if they want to win. Conventional wisdom says that Donald is the guy to make it happen, but conventional wisdom also says that the Pats will double (and maybe triple) team AD to make sure he doesn't get to the golden boy...

...that means Donkey Kong needs to take advantage....

23 hours ago, Alflives said:

Keyshwan is no dumbbell, either.  These elite level athletes are quite often bright too, especially in football, where the playbook is HUGE.  

I'm not sure what @RonMexico is saying though helps your case? His buddy helped KeyShawn and Conway.

So that means they were not great students right?

Football IQ is different from Street smarts and book smarts.

Though most NFL QBs are legit smart.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Andrew Luck, Josh Dobbs.

All very intelligent off the field.

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Rams have to press the Patriots WRs it's the only way to buy time for the DL to get to Brady.

He gets rid of the ball too quick.

I would just tell the Rams DL to have your hands ready to bat down passes since you are not going to get to Brady often.

Yes this has to happen, Man to man converage will help rams DL

22 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Rams have to press the Patriots WRs it's the only way to buy time for the DL to get to Brady.

He gets rid of the ball too quick.

I would just tell the Rams DL to have your hands ready to bat down passes since you are not going to get to Brady often.

Then Pats will just have White/Burkhead/Michel run flats for quick 5+ yard games.. screens counter that as well

6 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Then Pats will just have White/Burkhead/Michel run flats for quick 5+ yard games.. screens counter that as well

True. The Rams LBs are suspect in pass coverage.

Maybe Mark Barron being a converted safety in his background helps him somewhat, now that he is a full time LB.

Littleton can't hang with those quick RBs like Kamara and especially White.

Might have to put their best coverage safety John Johnson on James White or whoever is in that backfield.

I think they will still try to run early on with Michel and tire out the Rams DL first.

Of course mixing some screens to counter their agressiveness.

Archived