The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 23, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Honestly, people are upset about having a week off, but I think it's coming at a perfect time. There's obviously something off with the Nucks starts and Marky was finally unable to keep the team in it for a win. A reset, some tough ass kicking practices, and a few days of rest should do the us well. The real test begins after our little break and it's pedal to the medal. Whether we make the playoffs or not, the next few months will be valuable experience for any player expecting to be a part of this team over the next several seasons.  

Good times ahead.

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Figure of speech I guess.

The whole team was on edge and the loser charges Gudbranson.

Pathetic move IMO.

A toothless bear is a bear with no bite. The only thing Gudbranson showed on that play is that he truly can't skate. He showed nothing else. Might as well have let it go and went back to the bench. 

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Sometimes all I want to do is get baked and eat some chicken nuggets after a game like that.

So I'm gonna go do that now.

havent toked ina while, but after this one i could use one lol, wish i had some edibles.

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Refs were pretty bad, but not as bad as our effort.  Pouliot was especially trash, but really not many guys showed up tonight other than Petey.

Perfect summary right there.  Canes played the refs like a fiddle, but the Canucks in no way deserved any better.

I loved the passion to close out the game. The guys rallied and stopped Nino from getting the hatty after the elbow. 

Glad Guddy went after the kid. Also happy Faulk saved the kids life lol. I absolutely enjoyed and relished Bo pushing that one guy into the boards Behind the net after the whistle.

Roussel is worth every penny. Overall I was entertained in the third. I'm a happy customer. The team showed it didn't like to not win and they made a statement. That third period was enjoyable.

"I don't think it was just the second period. I thought we struggled against their quickness tonight. They're a quick team, and we knew it, but we struggled against it tonight. Not worried about it being a wake-up call. We've been honest with our group when we play well and when we don't play well. We have game reviews and we'll do that when we get back." - Green

3 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

A toothless bear is a bear with no bite. The only thing Gudbranson showed on that play is that he truly can't skate. He showed nothing else. Might as well have let it go and went back to the bench. 

All that play showed is how gutless Svechnikov is. 

2 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

True, but he also has no reason to fear Guddy either. He looked pretty cocky going to the box.

Oh give me a break he ran straight for Faulk and the linesman. 

Running from Gudbranson was the fastest he skated all game. 

21 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yeah it a disgrace... First he charges Guddy, and when Guddy tries to respond, he gets tossed...

Is this how it works in the NHL now, cause then start charging every star player on the ice in the future. 2min v a player injured or tossed.... Disgusting.

Yep protect the guys who take cheap shots....that's where the league has gone since it put in the instigator rule. Basically, run a guy from behind and if anyone wants to come at you, its even up or worse for the other team. Pretty much rewarded carolina for a hit from behind

Archived