The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Stars shopping Valeri Nichushkin, Brett Ritchie, Mattias Janmark

You see, other teams (eg. DAL) lay an egg at the Draft sometimes too. Nichushkin was drafted at #10 OA. Jagr thought he would become the best in the world. Not sure where he got that from, his stats speak otherwise. Perhaps he was drunk when he said it. Jagr likes to party.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If we could pull off a Granlund/Goldobin swap for Janmark I'd at least consider it. 

Granlund no he still has value in a versatile role in it being a shutdown or finishing plays. He still has value greater then a regular swap. 

Goldobin I would for another swede maybe Janmark could find his groove with another swede by the name of EP. Janmark is listed as a left handed shooter maybe icing a line of Janmark - EP - Boeser could create some magic. 

Just now, City-in-state-of-emergency said:

Granlund no he still has value in a versatile role in it being a shutdown or finishing plays. He still has value greater then a regular swap. 

Goldobin I would for another swede maybe Janmark could find his groove with another swede by the name of EP. Janmark is listed as a left handed shooter maybe icing a line of Janmark - EP - Boeser could create some magic. 

Yeah i would prefer it not be Granlund going the other way just spit balling value wise though. 

Goldobin-Janmark has the vibe of two players needing a fresh start. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah i would prefer it not be Granlund going the other way just spit balling value wise though. 

I feel as if Janmark is a victim of style of play more then his game alone. Hitchcock was head coach last year and a new rookie coach this year. Hitchcock never seemed like a up tempo coach and Jim iunno he hasnt been able to tap into a lot offence with the guys he has. They all seemed to have regressed. 

29 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Don't know about Goldobin but I'd do something like Granlund + Schaller for Jannmark and a mid pick or something.

To Dallas
- Goldobin
- Schaller
- Granlund

To Vancouver
- Janmark
- Ritchie

- Nichushkin

Wanna see it just because there are so many players haha. 

It is actually a very even trade:
- Swap of young Russians who are getting scratched
- Fourth line grinders who aren't doing anything
- 3rd line Euros who are underperforming off of career highs

Age and salary is also comparable. Could be work a change of scenery as all players are kind of struggling. 

Archived