The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Disscussion] What If Colorado Comes A Knockin?

Sorry a really badly worded first sentence, I meant if OUR rookie (Pettersson) is out of the line up it is devastating to Vancouver and that is why trading for the future by trading what the Av's might need for one the picks, the more offered the better the pick.

If done at the TDL and Ottawa's came back, it is still no guarantee of #1, but it would give the Canucks one more year of 1rst round picks, which are more likely to make the NHL and make a difference right away. 

Each 1rst round pick speeds up the rebuild by one year or it should.

18 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But the Canucks are "rebuilding" and Colorado is a "playoff" team...  :picard:

You can't be that...….naïve, fooled,..... to actually think Vancouver is equal to Colorado or ahead even?

A lot of posters here need a refresh of what playoff hockey is; notice no whistles and there is much more. 

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You can't be that...….naïve, fooled,..... to actually think Vancouver is equal to Colorado or ahead even?

A lot of posters here need a refresh of what playoff hockey is; notice no whistles and there is much more. 

You should probably state what exactly Colorado has that makes them so much better than the Canucks.  Missing the playoffs 3 out of the last 5 years tells me they are no farther ahead than the Canucks and makes your argument that much weaker.  So unless you can actually provide some facts the only naive person who is being fooled is you...

On 1/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

The Canucks are still rebuilding, the absence of more than one rookie is devastating and if our rookie gets hurt it is a disaster.

Colorado is a playoff team with some depth but needing more, at both forward and defence.

They have two first round picks one of which is Ottawa's.

If they dangled that pick out there at the TDL which top players would be reasonable and good return?

There are always the totally ridiculous responses designed to derail a thread like Eriksson and Pouliot that the team can't pay to move.

Something like Guadette/Virtanen and Edler or Tanev, Guadette/Goldy/Barsetchi and a vet dman?

Fantasy stuff, the entire forum.

Colorado's in a great position. 

2019 could be the year that turns their team into a contender for many years.

They have two picks (one of which could be Jack Hughes) in a draft that is loaded with talent. The beauty of this draft is its depth. Even if I don't get Hughes, there's still plenty of talent that works well with what I have.

If I'm Colorado Joe, I'm actually interested in another first rounder and I'm willing to bring up a name that I know you could use. 

Gabriel Landeskog.

Vancouver has enjoyed unexpected success and may be interested in a piece for now rather than later. I also know that you work for an ownership group that would jump at a chance to succeed sooner rather than later. 

I, however, am willing to be patient. 

With that being said:

Gabriel Landeskog, 2nd round pick 2019 for Jake Virtanen, Jonathan Dahlen, and 2020 1st round pick.

This deal hinges on Landeskogs trade list, but with 18 teams to name, I feel Vancouver has a good chance to be on it.

McKinnon is 23 and Rantonen is 22. I see a fully developed Dahlen being a great fit with them.

Virtanen is still, very much, learning his craft but is showing signs of coming into his own. At the very least, he offers great depth to my line-up.

The 2020 1st rounder gives me two more premiere picks to work with next year.

JB gets himself a premiere LWer without having to sacrifice the Vancouver draft and an additional pick to play with. 

If I'm JB, I see a great fit with Horvat, giving Vancouver:

Petey               Boeser

Landeskog           Horvat

Baertschi              Gaudette

Roussel                Beagle 

PS. This deal happens at the draft so as to not sacrifice a possible playoff spot.

18 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

They have two picks (one of which could be Jack Hughes) in a draft that is loaded with talent. The beauty of this draft is its depth. Even if I don't get Hughes, there's still plenty of talent that works well with what I have.

If I'm Colorado Joe, I'm actually interested in another first rounder and I'm willing to bring up a name that I know you could use. 

Gabriel Landeskog.

Vancouver has enjoyed unexpected success and may be interested in a piece for now rather than later. I also know that you work for an ownership group that would jump at a chance to succeed sooner rather than later. 

With that being said:

Gabriel Landeskog, 2nd round pick 2019 for Jake Virtanen, Jonathan Dahlen, and 2020 1st round pick.

This deal hinges on Landeskogs trade list, but with 18 teams to name, I feel Vancouver has a good chance to be on it.

McKinnon is 23 and Rantonen is 22. I see a fully developed Dahlen being a great fit with them.

Virtanen is still, very much, learning his craft but is showing signs of coming into his own. At the very least, he offers great depth to my line-up.

JB gets himself a premiere LWer without having to sacrifice the Vancouver draft and an additional pick to play with. 

PS. This deal happens at the draft so as to not sacrifice a possible playoff spot.

If Col shops Landeskog they will get MUCH better offers than Virtanen Dahlen and a 1st in 2020.  Never mind them adding a high 2nd this year.  

17 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Gabriel Landeskog.

With that being said:

The defence is still not good enough and the 2020 draft has the potential to rival McDavid's and Mathew's with top end talent and surpassing depth, that would be the draft to count on.

Defence, not good enough.

Biega - Pouliot

Hutton - Gudbranson

Hughes - Julievi

Tanev? - Edler?

Tryamkin - draft pick

Tanev and Edler may get the team a couple more 1rst, late but still much higher odds of a superior player(s)

On 1/25/2019 at 10:36 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

The Canucks are still rebuilding, the absence of more than one rookie is devastating and if our rookie gets hurt it is a disaster.

Colorado is a playoff team with some depth but needing more, at both forward and defence.

They have two first round picks one of which is Ottawa's.

If they dangled that pick out there at the TDL which top players would be reasonable and good return?

There are always the totally ridiculous responses designed to derail a thread like Eriksson and Pouliot that the team can't pay to move.

Something like Guadette/Virtanen and Edler or Tanev, Guadette/Goldy/Barsetchi and a vet dman?

Fantasy stuff, the entire forum.

Something we all need to be reminded of - as it gets too serious sometimes.

However, saying that, there is fantasy and "my supermodel GF who just cured cancer and bought me a Huracan for my birthday" fantasy.   Colorado trading that pick to Vancouver and/or Vancouver trading what it would take is the second type of fantasy.

PS - the car drives really well!   

Archived