The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Notifications

J.I.A.H.N

• 1 month later...

Hey, I just tried to go back to the main CDC and ended up quitting the club!

So I re-joined and hope this bumps up activity as there are only about a half-dozen posts.

How does this "club" stuff work anyway?

Next year:

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Tryamkin

Juolevi - Stetcher

Hutton - Schenn 

Juolevi - Teves

We need a dozen D-Men to ice a solid 6 or 7 every game.

Waiting in the wings/traded/cut:

Biega

Pouliot

McEneny

Chatfield

Sautner

Brisebois

Woo

Utanen

Rathbone

Gunnarsson

Elliot

Lots of talent and JB is committed to overhauling the defence which I think means adding a good UFA and I hope making a push to bring back our Tree.

Is there any chance that Tryamkin's team gets knocked out of their playoffs (now), JB makes the KHL buyout work, and we add Tryamkin quite quickly?

March 2019.

Sportsnet 650:

"Nikita had a solid season, the team in Russia performed extremely well in the KHL. His numbers were down, but his games shouldn't be defined by goals and assists."

"I don't think he struggled. His ice time was a minute less than it was last year, but it was a deeper team. They were trying to accomplish a lot this year."

"We discussed a return to the NHL not too recently. I believe there is interest for him to come back. He wasn't as mature as he is now. Hopefully, he will come back to the NHL shortly."

"Nikita has a year remaining on his KHL contract, so a return this offseason would be hasty. However, Benning is in contact every few weeks/months."

"Nikita can bring a dimension that many NHL clubs are missing. A mobiledefenseman who can intimidate and open space. He can make a number 1 defenseman's job a lot easier."

"The player has improved, I don't think the condition that he will not play in the AHL has changed. He has shown that he can play at the NHL level. The AHL is not a factor in the conversation."

Edited by SilentSam

• 6 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 10:32 AM, Goal:thecup said:

Hey, I just tried to go back to the main CDC and ended up quitting the club!

So I re-joined and hope this bumps up activity as there are only about a half-dozen posts.

How does this "club" stuff work anyway?

Next year:

Edler - Tanev

Hughes - Tryamkin

Juolevi - Stetcher

Hutton - Schenn 

Juolevi - Teves

We need a dozen D-Men to ice a solid 6 or 7 every game.

Waiting in the wings/traded/cut:

Biega

Pouliot

McEneny

Chatfield

Sautner

Brisebois

Woo

Utanen

Rathbone

Gunnarsson

Elliot

Lots of talent and JB is committed to overhauling the defence which I think means adding a good UFA and I hope making a push to bring back our Tree.

Is there any chance that Tryamkin's team gets knocked out of their playoffs (now), JB makes the KHL buyout work, and we add Tryamkin quite quickly?

Things have changed a little bit since I made this club......