The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kings trade Jake Muzzin to Maple Leafs for Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi's rights, 1st-round pick

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Kings trade Jake Muzzin to Maple Leafs for Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzi's rights, 1st-round pick

Trying to guess what the value is here that LA aquired,

Durzi seems like a good prospect. Definitely a step up for guys like brisbois, charfield, brassard, or Eliot in our system. Not on the same level as joulevi though. Not sure but I guess somewhere in between. Good stats this season but he is 20 already. 

Im big on grundstrom. Great stats in the SHL and having a good season in the A. Probably around the same level as Dahlen. 

1st round speaks for itself, though if it ends up being top 20 then that’s great value for the Kings. 

Overall its clear there there was a risk premium on each asset which I guess is why LA demanded high quantity. 

As for muzzin, good contract and decent D. Personally, I think the Kings got more value here BUT muzzin could help settle the leafs Dcore which would be very valuable for the next 2 playoffs. 

Another 4 mill on the cap next year though. Gunna be tough to figure that out.