The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All eyes on Nanaimo UPDATE Sheila Malcolmson wins

Violator

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Great for your opinion. Their first budget added 4 billion in debt. You still have tolls, msp and no 10$ a day daycare. I suppose it's status quo in BC except with more debt. Face those two parties are useless.

theres about 2,000 kids or so in a pilot program. The rest of it apparently over 10(!) years. So if your kid is 8 today you might be s.o.l. for daycare. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

its almost always about the leadership in politics. Look at the CPC, if they had a better leader the federal Liberals would be cooked. 

Throughout my voting life I have always felt most parties don't have the best person in charge. My exceptions would be Klein, Layton and Wall.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Great for your opinion. Their first budget added 4 billion in debt. You still have tolls, msp, poor highways  and no 10$ a day daycare. I suppose it's status quo in BC except with more debt. Face it those two parties are useless.

NO, cut in half, I agree, and project plans have begun on daycare, I believe 10 are being planned.

Just now, johngould21 said:

Not much of a choice with all three leaders:sadno:

I saw Harper booted, so I'm not really complaining, but I would like to see a change from JT. Well, maybe more importantly Gerry Butts, he's helping to make some serious mistakes imo. I think the federal Lib's are headed to a minority in 2019 so maybe I'll get my wish. I think there are some very good people who could replace Trudeau as leader. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I saw Harper booted, so I'm not really complaining, but I would like to see a change from JT. Well, maybe more importantly Gerry Butts, he's helping to make some serious mistakes imo. I think the federal Lib's are headed to a minority in 2019 so maybe I'll get my wish. I think there are some very good people who could replace Trudeau as leader. 

I don't dance, but, I think I might have when he met his demise. I like what JT has done on the new trade deal with the US and Mexico. Has the damn thing been ratified? Finally a leader that isn't a US of A lap dog, like Harper, Mulroney and others.

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

I don't dance, but, I think I might have when he met his demise. I like what JT has done on the new trade deal with the US and Mexico. Has the damn thing been ratified? Finally a leader that isn't a US of A lap dog, like Harper, Mulroney and others.

JTs whole thing was to strengthen relations and ties with the US it was only after they played hard ball did he change his tune. The liberal website had a whole thing on blaming the cpc with not seeing eye to eye with the US.

Just letting you know some facts.

How do feel about his massive debt and defecit?

5 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

its in progress. I give most of the credit for that to Freeland.

What concerns me about JT lately is I think he's making decisions in isolation and has failed on the infrastructure spending while really ramping up spending. That spending was supposed to be for infrastructure! so the mounting debt is very concerning to me and I dont see a plan. But thats where a minority gov't could be very effective in reigning in the debt but not moving us back to social conservatism. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

JTs whole thing was to strengthen relations and ties with the US it was only after they played hard ball did he change his tune. The liberal website had a whole thing on blaming the cpc with not seeing eye to eye with the US.

Just letting you know some facts.

How do feel about his massive debt and defecit?

Really? Isn't that what a leader should do, is stand up for OUR needs. Don't think that Harper didn't increase the debt and deficit, which he did. Yes, Trudeau has increased it as well. Which is why I get back to the wash and rinse with these two mainstream parties, the Liberals and the CPC. 150 years and counting.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its in progress. I give most of the credit for that to Freeland.

What concerns me about JT lately is I think he's making decisions in isolation and has failed on the infrastructure spending while really ramping up spending. That spending was supposed to be for infrastructure! so the mounting debt is very concerning to me and I dont see a plan. But thats where a minority gov't could be very effective in reigning in the debt but not moving us back to social conservatism. 

She might be the bright spot in his cabinet, thankfully! Yeah, you have to wonder about all these projects in the works for BC, bridges, transit, housing.....

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

I guess the next question will be. What about the cost overruns on the Site C? I'm going to estimate $16 to $20B when all is said and done. Yes, there were many current and former NDP/Green folks against this project. And, you are right on Wilkinson, his true colours have been shown with the Legislative mess.

Muskrat falls costs 13 billion curently and im guessing when all is said and done it will be about 16b.

So site c will probably be close to that if not higher.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Actually,

They're approving projects that the NE and essentially the entire province outside of the lower mainland, island and okanagan said they'd cancel.

It's a solid olive branch forth for everyone and for the best overall in the province.  Regardless of who started it, when the entire mindset is omg no they're so badzors and then they do the right thing, where is the respect for doing the right thing?  Where is the, sorry my bad I was wrong; from the electorate?

*I'm still dead set against Site C because of the overall cost and future cost as well as redundancy of the project at this point.

That's still flipping it around in order to make the Liberals sound bad and the NDP take credit for a project that wasn't theirs in the first place. So should we be giving the NDP a medal for going ahead with it? If anything, I would have been shocked had they actually stopped it halfway through negotiations. For the record, I would hope the NDP wouldn't be that stupid. These are things that should be no brainers. Does Horgan never want support from the north? Cancelling the project would have been the way to do that.

And of course Horgan's going to bash the Liberals any chance he gets. It doesn't mean it was going to be a redundant project, especially since BC Hydro's sweating to the point of practically begging people to lower their power consumption. This is why I don't trust Horgan. He lies.... all the time.....

If the NDP actually want to impress me, I want to see them actually committed to northern projects and not just riding on the coattails of the Liberals.

43 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

Really? Isn't that what a leader should do, is stand up for OUR needs. Don't think that Harper didn't increase the debt and deficit, which he did. Yes, Trudeau has increased it as well. Which is why I get back to the wash and rinse with these two mainstream parties, the Liberals and the CPC. 150 years and counting.

Cpc 150 years and counting?

Lol.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

While I wish that were true.  The boomer generation refuses to let go of the 90s even though they also refuse to understand the economics behind what really happened, they refuse to let go of the fast ferries even though they refuse to understand who the ferries were sold to, how much they sold for and how easily they were fixed, they refuse to let go of Bingo Gate even though the then Premier was cleared of all charges and honorably stepped down.

You're right.  The current manifestation of the Libs in BC and federally far more closely resemble a faux Conservative party, the NDP in BC is far mroe like a textbook liberal and the Conservatives in BC just don't exist.

But for the majority, outside of Surrey and the NE part of the province that the BC Liberals essentially ignored for 16 straight years anyways (seriously...still don't get why they like that abusive relationship) would have had a hard time voting for Watts

Indeed you're right.  Economics look good, employment down, they've completed a very large portion of their election platform and have stood up for BC in a number of ways.  Added they approved LNG while standing up against Transmountain until the process is done properly.

They are doing quite well by all accounts but people still mutter the same inane BS about the 90s.

The true problem facing the BC NDP right now is actually housing.  The Liberals saw the housing market and development hyper inflate the province to the point where they were almost 20% of the entire provincial GDP.  If there is any slow down, turn down or crash in real estate and development for ANY reason the idiot generation that still mutters crap about the 90s will blame the NDP regardless of the cause

To be fair you have never criticized any ndp mistakes, you always make excuses. You are such a die hard ndp'er you don't even acknowledge the 4 billion in debt they added in their first budget meanwhile you knock the the BC liberals and cpc for debt.

Archived