The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Value of Bill Ny

So with the contract dolled out to William Nylander. And the now ensuing Cap crunch with Marner out performing Matthew's and Nylanders lack of performance. Curious what people other than triple flamingo (Alf) think his trade value is? 

Honestly the idea of Nylander Petterson is still pretty tantalizing to me. However given the barrel the Laffs are over and his underwhleming play thus far. I would have to think it's only a formality that he will be moved now for cheap. 

Nylander Pete Virtanen

Bae Bo Brock 

Is a top 6 I can really see making magic.

Man... No matter what you gotta stay away from this guy... that contract and those stats are scary when placed side by side.

A GM would be risking career suicide to make a play for Nylander... It's one thing to sign a player with potential and fail.

Totally another thing to trade for said mistake and he flops... The president would be sayin... "He had one freaking goal man!" WTH

I'm sure they aren't giving up on him quite yet, but ya, he's flirting with salary dump territory right now..

he's a complimentary player, not going to drive the bus on any team, but I'd take a look at him with Petey.. but not with Jake.. maybe Goldy? which side does he play? but either way, imo it would be worth it for us to buy low if it's possible - think they'd take pouliot straight up?::D

9 hours ago, Doubt Tea said:

Bill Nye the Science Guy

thats what I was thinking too :lol:

apparently he wants the US to annex Canadian farmland if global warming gets worse (https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/did-bill-nye-just-suggest-the-u-s-will-have-to-annex-canada-to-grow-crops)

Even still, I'd rather have Nye than Nylander. He's soft, entitled, flamingo-boy that doesn't fit this teams culture. At least Bill Nye could help out with the advanced stats. 

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

That's the idea. Trade for him while his value is all time low.

His value hasn't been lowered a smidge regardless of his production. That's not how it works and Dubas isn't that stupid anyways. They have too many skilled forwards and not enough ice time to give out.

9 hours ago, hammertime said:

So with the contract dolled out to William Nylander. And the now ensuing Cap crunch with Marner out performing Matthew's and Nylanders lack of performance. Curious what people other than triple flamingo (Alf) think his trade value is? 

Honestly the idea of Nylander Petterson is still pretty tantalizing to me. However given the barrel the Laffs are over and his underwhleming play thus far. I would have to think it's only a formality that he will be moved now for cheap. 

Nylander Pete Virtanen

Bae Bo Brock 

Is a top 6 I can really see making magic.

I'd say a first round pick + second round pick + prospect + likely Tanev or Stecher as part of the deal, would be the starting point.

People seem to forget he is an elite level player.

3 minutes ago, Baer. said:

His value hasn't been lowered a smidge regardless of his production. That's not how it works and Dubas isn't that stupid anyways. They have too many skilled forwards and not enough ice time to give out.

I'd say a first round pick + second round pick + prospect + likely Tanev or Stecher as part of the deal, would be the starting point.

Elite is a bit much. Very good at max.

2 minutes ago, Baer. said:

that would be a crippling overpayment by the Canucks. 

Sure great shot but he's another soft player that can't make it as a full time C. Lets see if he goes anywhere past the perimeter these playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that would be a crippling overpayment by the Canucks. 

Sure great shot but he's another soft player that can't make it as a full time C. Lets see if he goes anywhere past the perimeter these playoffs. 

Indeed. I'm guessing Dubas will want an arm and a leg to cover his ass and not look stupid for saying he could keep all his players...

@hammertime

I’ve liked Nylander’s game the last little while.  He’s been harder on pucks, and really good on controlled zone entries.  Defensively though, he’s too often on the wrong side of the puck (all over the ice) and not willing to play hard when without the puck.  Plus, he refuses to get into shot blocking lanes.  

10 hours ago, xereau said:

William Nylander has one goal for the 2018-19 season.

Hide contents

No, really.  Just one goal.  This isn't a Tony Robbins seminar!

I totally read that in a Movie Trailer Guy voice.  "One man, one mission..."

Haven't seen him play to honestly say yes or no, however as others have mentioned, is he someone who could really drive play or is he a passenger?  As well, is his level of work ethic good enough?  Coach Green seems to have high expectations for his players' work ethic, and so what if he pulls a Goldobin except at a higher price?  Even guys like Sven and Brock are decent two-way guys and Elias and Bo definitely are, so if that's the culture at the top then we'd better hope to be getting a guy who can only add to it as well as a guy who can drive the proverbial bus for his line.  It's easy to be sheltered when you play with elite talents like Tavares and Matthews and when you acquire such a big-ticket item he better be the real deal.

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Value of Bill Ny

Archived