The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Mafia] Zodiac III: Hog Wild

Master Radishes

Dearest @Aladeen,

I hope this letter greets you well. I have received yours dated the 18th of February, and I am beginning to write after my second reading of it, sipping on a drink of tea, slouched forward comfortably in my study. It is about 7:30 in the evening as I write, and the frosted glass of my window wears now a dark tint, the area outside growing dimmer as the sun reclines behind the smoke and skyscrapers, setting a somber mood to an event of much joy: reading words of yours again, finally. How long, my eternal darling, has it been since I last saw you, when you were running down the platform and the whistles of the train drowned our utterances from the world and each other? We made gestures instead. You smiled, but I saw your tears, and they stung me. Did I truly abandon you? I am sorry; I am sorry.

New York is a place of more wonder than even the cinemas told us; I find, every day, something to awe over, something to fawn about... and there's opportunity and oh-so-much of it. I wanted to become an actress; you know I did. And I tried, failing. And so I'm a journalist today, writing articles about film and entertainment for the newspapers. I much want to do the politics, but they hold my womanhood against me--they still don't recognize that I can think. I wish all men had your politics. If they did, I would have my voice. I still march forward and continue to fight for the equality prescribed by our feminist leaders, doing my part, in my own small way. One day--and you know I'm a dreamer--one day I hope to have my own newsprint. We'll see if it does become.

I have kept in touch with Dorothy, writing her frequently these past several years. She's doing well and has found partnership with--if you remember him--Ernest Vandermoore, the one who's the second son of that nasty man who ran the mill, the same one who wouldn't hire you out of prejudice. But Ernest is nice, not like his patrilineage. I always believed the holy word not to hold a parent's sin against their child, and I know you do, too. Treat Ernest well if ever you do meet him.

Sometimes I miss the farm, and I miss the people even more. But my life now is beyond what I could have dreamed up falling asleep in the hay-bales as I so often did when I was young and when I was with you.

Do write more; we've only touched the top of what we have to tell one another.

Yours,

Agnes

On 3/12/2019 at 8:05 PM, 112 said:

Dearest @Aladeen,

I hope this letter greets you well. I have received yours dated the 18th of February, and I am beginning to write after my second reading of it, sipping on a drink of tea, slouched forward comfortably in my study. It is about 7:30 in the evening as I write, and the frosted glass of my window wears now a dark tint, the area outside growing dimmer as the sun reclines behind the smoke and skyscrapers, setting a somber mood to an event of much joy: reading words of yours again, finally. How long, my eternal darling, has it been since I last saw you, when you were running down the platform and the whistles of the train drowned our utterances from the world and each other? We made gestures instead. You smiled, but I saw your tears, and they stung me. Did I truly abandon you? I am sorry; I am sorry.

New York is a place of more wonder than even the cinemas told us; I find, every day, something to awe over, something to fawn about... and there's opportunity and oh-so-much of it. I wanted to become an actress; you know I did. And I tried, failing. And so I'm a journalist today, writing articles about film and entertainment for the newspapers. I much want to do the politics, but they hold my womanhood against me--they still don't recognize that I can think. I wish all men had your politics. If they did, I would have my voice. I still march forward and continue to fight for the equality prescribed by our feminist leaders, doing my part, in my own small way. One day--and you know I'm a dreamer--one day I hope to have my own newsprint. We'll see if it does become.

I have kept in touch with Dorothy, writing her frequently these past several years. She's doing well and has found partnership with--if you remember him--Ernest Vandermoore, the one who's the second son of that nasty man who ran the mill, the same one who wouldn't hire you out of prejudice. But Ernest is nice, not like his patrilineage. I always believed the holy word not to hold a parent's sin against their child, and I know you do, too. Treat Ernest well if ever you do meet him.

Sometimes I miss the farm, and I miss the people even more. But my life now is beyond what I could have dreamed up falling asleep in the hay-bales as I so often did when I was young and when I was with you.

Do write more; we've only touched the top of what we have to tell one another.

Yours,

Agnes

My one and only love @112

Your letter indeed finds me most agreeable other than the longing in my heart due to our extended seperation. The words of your letter have become almost illegible due to the ink smearing from my own tears. The pages crumple and crinkle from the countless times I have read and re-read your words. How I long to hear you speak them, to whisper them to me as you have so many times before. I find myself currently in the courtyard you and I have walked so often hand in hand. The night air is cool and crisp, but I give it no mind as it lets me feel something, other than the constant yearning to have you by my side once again. The black cavendish you picked for me at the tobacconist last time has become my new brand. The sweet smell of vanilla still reminds me of your intoxicating perfume. The warmth of the pipe in my hand as I take a draw reminds me of the warmth of your body.

Though I have counted the seconds since you left me standing beside those desolate tracks, it has been nearly a quarter score since you turned your gaze from me looking to the new life you so desired, above all else.

For you to have abandoned me would require you to have been with me completely. As your heart was never here, never with me genuinely, it would be impossible to have abandoned me. So conserve your apologies for your mother, since your father’s passing, it is no doubt she is who feels abandoned. I check in on her from time to time but her eyes remind me too much of you and I must summon all my strength to not fall into a deep despair while with her. 

Your descriptions of New York makes one desire to see it in person. I am told aeroplanes may one day make it so one can fly there in hours, can you imagine? 

I know your dream well, for a time it was all you spoke of. My love, my heart, do not let your dream wane, for any setback is just a different path for it’s attainment. Your suffragette mother paved the way for the even the notion of a woman to hold office be anything more than whisper. The time is coming and in the future we will see that women will be equally as prominent in the politics as any man. If your dream now is to own your own news print endeavour for it with all your heart and soul and I will be the first to read the first ever newspaper published by a woman.

I remember Ernest quite well and think very highly of the chap. He is nothing like his treacherous father. We reconnected at the funeral for Englebert Vandermoore, his father tragically, but not unexpectedly passed from syphillus mearly a fortnight ago. Young Ernest has given me a position of management at the mill I will oversee one hundred men of labour and take care of all day to day operastions for Ernest. Dorothy communicates how she misses you fiercely each time we meet.

The farm will no doubt be here for as long as New York holds your passion but the people grow older as we all do, so keep a promise to me that you will return even if only for a visit, when you are able of course.

Yours Eternally,

Bartholomew 

We need a full revitalization plan.

I call it Gods PlanMRs Plan...

Mafia Revitalizations Plan

Official Mafia Revitalizations Plan

Section 1 - Membership

1.0) We play mafia with the health of CDC considered. Treat others with respect and decency.

1.1) No toleration policy of members who harm the well being of other members

1.2) No tolerance for players who sign-up for a game and make no contribution by games end

1.3) To have players well-being considered, punished, and rewarded accordingly and appropriately with appropriate actions not in violation of sec 1.0

Section 2 - MHOF

2.0) To have a CDC mafia hall of fame to commemorate players with strong contributions and history, enriching the value of mafia on the forum

2.1) To have a fair jury elect a new inductee(s) on the last month of the calander season - quarterly

2.2) Used as a platform to encourage exceptional play, contributions and longevity

Section 3 - Active Duty

3.0) Members of the community will band together to enrich CDC mafia through recruitment and other means of strengthening the mafia platform 

3.1) Players will do their best to contribute to activity and community engagement 

Section 4 - Fair hosting

4.0) Hosts will not withdraw commitments in an unholy way or face permanent absence from the mafia hall of fame

4.1) Hosts will not implement minimum post count as a godkill consequence. Activity will be encouraged through fairer means. (Exclusions: players may be GK in x timeframe if post count equals zero)

8 hours ago, Zfetch said:

We need a full revitalization plan.

I call it Gods PlanMRs Plan...

Mafia Revitalizations Plan

Official Mafia Revitalizations Plan

Section 1 - Membership

1.0) We play mafia with the health of CDC considered. Treat others with respect and decency.

1.1) No toleration policy of members who harm the well being of other members

1.2) No tolerance for players who sign-up for a game and make no contribution by games end

1.3) To have players well-being considered, punished, and rewarded accordingly and appropriately with appropriate actions not in violation of sec 1.0

Section 2 - MHOF

2.0) To have a CDC mafia hall of fame to commemorate players with strong contributions and history, enriching the value of mafia on the forum

2.1) To have a fair jury elect a new inductee(s) on the last month of the calander season - quarterly

2.2) Used as a platform to encourage exceptional play, contributions and longevity

Section 3 - Active Duty

3.0) Members of the community will band together to enrich CDC mafia through recruitment and other means of strengthening the mafia platform 

3.1) Players will do their best to contribute to activity and community engagement 

Section 4 - Fair hosting

4.0) Hosts will not withdraw commitments in an unholy way or face permanent absence from the mafia hall of fame

4.1) Hosts will not implement minimum post count as a godkill consequence. Activity will be encouraged through fairer means. (Exclusions: players may be GK in x timeframe if post count equals zero)

@Blue Jay 22 harms my well being. 

Archived