The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) DiPietro Called Up?

Pears

24 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Baer and demko being shopped ?

Way to help the conversation get going!

Markstrom has been good for a longer stretch than I thought possible.  It is not impossible that they could decide at some point that he can actually fill the crease until Dipietro replaces him, rather than just a short term placeholder like everyone figured. That would make Demko more expendable.

It would be a tough call if you could get a young top 4 offensive RHD or a top 6 young scoring winger.

I am pessimistic, I still think it is more likely that he turns back into Markstrom at some point... but I would be happy to be wrong.

26 minutes ago, Provost said:

Way to help the conversation get going!

Markstrom has been good for a longer stretch than I thought possible.  It is not impossible that they could decide at some point that he can actually fill the crease until Dipietro replaces him, rather than just a short term placeholder like everyone figured. That would make Demko more expendable.

It would be a tough call if you could get a young top 4 offensive RHD or a top 6 young scoring winger.

I am pessimistic, I still think it is more likely that he turns back into Markstrom at some point... but I would be happy to be wrong.

We can just draft Seider this summer and draft a winger in 2020 

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Hilarious!  Been told.. by jim benning personally?  Oh wait... the media says it... HAS TO BE TRUE!!!

Not sure if sarcasm, but Cheech said he talked to Benning in the 2nd intermission of the Flyers game and confirmed that DePietro was coming up.

Just now, Canadian said:

Not sure if sarcasm, but Cheech said he talked to Benning in the 2nd intermission of the Flyers game and confirmed that DePietro was coming up.

Yeah sarcasm... however with the way media makes $&!#e up in vancouver and has for a long time, i believe it when i see it.

44 minutes ago, Vicky said:

Hasn't Mikey been having a bit of a rough stretch since the trade?  I'm sure 67's fine with him going to NHL for a few days to work with coaching and get his game back on track.

I think hes been on nice winning streak actually 

Archived