The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Feb. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

If Philly makes the playoffs, I think they will go far because of Hart. Could be the next rookie playoff MVP goalie since Patrick Roy in '86. Gawd forbid, if the Canucks ever play Philadelphia in their next finals appearance - Hart could be another version of Billy Smith and Tim Thomas.

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Yah his rebound control was awful, but when you make 40 saves on 41 shots, you deserve some praise.

Yeah he was good but that's all I would personally say. Definitely not the saviour some are painting him out to be. 

When you give up as many rebounds as he did, you generally give up 5 goals. To me the difference was clearly the team play around said rebounds that prevented goals being scored. 

9 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

I don't even get the praise for Hart this game. He made one good save, when Goldobin took forever to release the puck. If he shot that as soon as it came to him it was in, but he held on to it longer than he should have. He's given up rebounds on literally every shot, several of them dropping right into the slot. It's the Flyers as a team preventing the Canucks from getting on those rebounds that was the difference.

And of course, can't have the Canucks being healthy for any stretch of time. Going into today, fully healthy, and now missing two huge players. Just incredible how this team over the years cannot be healthy, ever. 

Dude made 41 saves. Was he an unbeatable combination of all previous Vezina winners rolled into one? No, but he still made 41 saves and that's a pretty decent night. 

Archived