The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Feb. 04, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, coastal.view said:

how can canucks possibly call up di pietro

when they received a goalie back from senators when nilsson was traded there

surely he is on an nhl contract and available for call up?

what am i missing here

he got waived and the flyers claimed him

Peel once again showed he has no business officiating at any level whatsoever.  Benning needs to be filing a formal complaint with the league and insisting that this waste of oxygen is never allowed to rig another one of our games.  It's absolutely disgraceful that the league considers Peel's continued misconduct is acceptable.   Hopefully Edler's ok; he's taken a lot of unnecessary heat this year while having a fantastic season.

Prob should have won anyway but Hart is just that good.  Philly's had their issues with goalies but the kid's a beauty.

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

how can canucks possibly call up di pietro

when they received a goalie back from senators when nilsson was traded there

surely he is on an nhl contract and available for call up?

what am i missing here

That goalie was claimed on waivers by the team they were playing tonight.

Just now, Dazzle said:

Hart had 41 saves.

I get that you're bitter about the loss but he literally stood on his head this game.

TIL Number of save == quality saves.

You're free to your opinion just as I am mine. And like I said, in my opinion, there was 1 standout save and whole lot of other not high quality chances that were stopped, with rebounds given up the entire game long. I don't think he stood on his head at all, not even close. Giving up rebounds left and right is not standing on your head. It's giving the opposing team second chances. The Canucks could not capitalize on the second chances because they lost all the battles for them to the Flyers D and forwards. 

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Demko? What? 

FML. 

That means DiPietro gets a start against Ovechkin or Marky plays back to back games. Huh.

Bad flashbacks of our run while Nilsson was hurt along with the rest of our team and we had to ride Marky.  Hopefully Demko's ok but I wouldn't mind dealing Pouliot for the best goalie we can get, even if it's the shooter tutor.  Markstrom's having a great year but the fatigue really got to him.

Archived