The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

Refs really are getting predictable.

But Green is not helping by leaving EP40 without linemates who have any offensive creativity.

Poop a lot is making it hard to believe we need to be patient with him.

On the positive side, Hutton had a great game... really stepped up in Edler's absence.

And although Bo missed four gold plated opportunities, the fact he is getting chances is a good sign.  He easily could have had a hat-trick.

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

That’s a bit extreme, you think 99 won on his own? No supporting cast? 

EP is a star and will only get better 

least of our problems 

The Washington feed was raving about EP playing goalie when we pulled Marky for the extra attacker !!

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Goldobin played a really good game, needs to hit the net though. 

Until Baertschi comes back, Goldobin needs to stay in the lineup.

Canucks have limited numbers of creative offensive players... can't afford to have him warming the bench when others are out with injuries.

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The Washington feed was raving about EP playing goalie when we pulled Marky for the extra attacker !!

Remember OV doing the same thing against the Laffs and stopping 2 empty netters.  While Petey's commitment to a 200 foot game is impressive, he shouldn't have to be the only guy who gets back in that situation.  Everyone needs to buy in and follow his example.

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Was a spur of the moment trip for us I had the day off and came down, trying to decide between the PG game or Everett for next trip. 

I've noticed games against PG can get penalty heavy.

Might be that we used to be the Cougars, but whatever it is, more often then not they're rough games. Fun to watch unless the coaches keep their boys in check, then it's slow.

I've seen the tips here a few times and they're a good game. There's more end to end play, speed through the neutral zone, less chippy $&!#.

Where do you come down from?

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Until Baertschi comes back, Goldobin needs to stay in the lineup.

Canucks have limited numbers of creative offensive players... can't afford to have him warming the bench when others are out with injuries.

In my opinion, keep Goldobin and trade Granlund.

Goldobin has higher potential and way more skill. 

Good thing we came around in the second and third. Looked liked they were playing us like beer leaguers for a while there in the first.

I realize it takes a long time t build a sound team top to bottom, but our weaknesses on the back end get really magnified when playing teams like Washington.

Their PP was crazy as well.Still, the boys came to play and were in it most of the night. Stick with the process. 

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

In my opinion, keep Goldobin and trade Granlund.

Goldobin has higher potential and way more skill. 

Up to Goldy if he takes advantage of what is likely his last chance to play with EP.  Green's been more than patient but at some point he's gotta start working harder.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I've noticed games against PG can get penalty heavy.

Might be that we used to be the Cougars, but whatever it is, more often then not they're rough games. Fun to watch unless the coaches keep their boys in check, then it's slow.

I've seen the tips here a few times and they're a good game. There's more end to end play, speed through the neutral zone, less chippy $&!#.

Where do you come down from?

Campbell River

15 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

this team is due for some puck luck

this team is due for some decent officiating

this team is overdue for hits.

Yeah Gatineau!

Cantley boy here living out in the Kootenays.

If we don't stop turning it over in our end or learn to break out cleanly, it's not gonna matter.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Up to Goldy if he takes advantage of what is likely his last chance to play with EP.  Green's been more than patient but at some point he's gotta start working harder.

Fair point but Petey had a rough go at times tonight with at least two giveaways missed passes, and really wtf type plays.

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Guddy had a gud game, it was refreshing watching him move the puck. 

I used to like Gudbranson just for his physical play but lately he has been playing atrocious and I would like to see him get moved if a trade opportunity that makes sense comes along.  You're right though tonight he looked okay. Not gud, just okay.

Archived