The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Feb. 05, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Psycho_Path said:

Ya. Overhead view wasn't a good view to show that Kuznetsov didn't actually hit the puck. The replay posted after that shows that the redirection of the puck was because of the puck hitting the top of the net. Toronto got this one right for sure, and I'm certainly no league apologist. Didn't watch the game last night, but a bunch of those no-calls in Philly... What a joke.

You didn't watch the game but saw a replay posted after, where did you see the clip? I'd like to check it out.

The team has been playing great, all things considered. The first period last night was tough but the Caps are Cup champs.

This team is becoming a beauty. Very easy could have won these last two.

1 hour ago, Psycho_Path said:

Ya. Overhead view wasn't a good view to show that Kuznetsov didn't actually hit the puck. The replay posted after that shows that the redirection of the puck was because of the puck hitting the top of the net. Toronto got this one right for sure, and I'm certainly no league apologist. Didn't watch the game last night, but a bunch of those no-calls in Philly... What a joke.

This call was probably correct... it was impossible to say for sure whether he touched it or not... so the call on the ice stands.

The real issue for me in the reffing was the number of times the Capitals had too many men on the ice... and were not called.

That was complete nonsense.  And it did affect the game.  The Canucks PP was starting to work, and a couple more chances might have won it or tied it.

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

This call was probably correct... it was impossible to say for sure whether he touched it or not... so the call on the ice stands.

The real issue for me in the reffing was the number of times the Capitals had too many men on the ice... and were not called.

That was complete nonsense.  And it did affect the game.  The Canucks PP was starting to work, and a couple more chances might have won it or tied it.

Strange, I didn't have my homer glasses on and was sure he touched the puck. 

3 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The real issue for me in the reffing was the number of times the Capitals had too many men on the ice... and were not called.

There’s were numerous of times when the Canucks have gotten away with too many men on the ice calls......it goes both ways.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:46 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Gaudette can't play Sutter’s minutes at this point in his career wadr

Fair. Looking at last night though sutter was under 15 minutes for TOI. how far do you think he’s off? Or by minutes are you referring to his match ups/defensive zone starts? Even if AG is exploited after playing more minutes i feel he has more to offer more on the scoresheet as Sutter isn’t a liability but adds little to none offensively. 

Just now, Wayne Jetski said:

Fair. Looking at last night though sutter was under 15 minutes for TOI. how far do you think he’s off? Or by minutes are you referring to his match ups/defensive zone starts? Even if AG is exploited after playing more minutes i feel he has more to offer more on the scoresheet as Sutter isn’t a liability but adds little to none offensively. 

More so the matchups it puts too much relisnce on Bo to be in the defensive role and Gaudette can't make up Bo’s production at this point. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

More so the matchups it puts too much relisnce on Bo to be in the defensive role and Gaudette can't make up Bo’s production at this point. 

I agree. Well put. Bo has had to carry enough defensive responsibility already with Sutter out. Rather have Scorvat with his silky dangles that rush Adam who’s got lots of time to shine!

if LA wins their next game, then Canucks are 4 pts away from last in the conference...very tight race, team needs to start winning these one goal games.

...got a feeling that the next 6 games will seal their fate...good or bad.

25 minutes ago, Pete M said:

if LA wins their next game, then Canucks are 4 pts away from last in the conference...very tight race, team needs to start winning these one goal games.

...got a feeling that the next 6 games will seal their fate...good or bad.

Time to jump on the Willie D bandwagon! 

20 hours ago, spook007 said:

I think you can rest assured, that their focus is on winning games....if only focusing was all it took....

For the playoff bar to be at 95 points, and vancouver to miss, here's the stats required:

The following has to happen:

DAL: 17-11-1 - 0.603

MIN: 19-10-0 - 0.655

STL: 21-11-0 - 0.656

This is very unlikely to happen for those 3 teams.

So more realistically, its going to be 88-91 points this year

6 hours ago, Shaelon said:

For the playoff bar to be at 95 points, and vancouver to miss, here's the stats required:

The following has to happen:

DAL: 17-11-1 - 0.603

MIN: 19-10-0 - 0.655

STL: 21-11-0 - 0.656

This is very unlikely to happen for those 3 teams.

So more realistically, its going to be 88-91 points this year

I’m not sure if its my post you’re replying to, but yes I totally agree its quite posible to achieve...

I am also sure they will be focused and trying their hardest to achieve it, but with Edler out, it may be hard....

Either way its great that they are still in the hunt at this stage. Massive kudos to the club. 

Archived