The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/NJ

Was skimming thru some HFDevils commenters..MAN, are they saying nasty things about Schneids.."Damaged our franchise WORSE than Chia-pet to Edm's future!" Spoiled fans(from Brodeur yrs) sure are petty & bitter! Like uhh, gosh..Can we HELP them?

So imagine: Season plays out..they wind up in 22nd spot..we're around 20th OA. Markstrom finishes last couple months playing as brilliantly. Except, Demko & Dipietro ALSO look sensational, in their respective NHL, jr slots. Injuries keep our PO hopes down.

Schneids FINALLY gets some wins for Devs again. Uneven play..but whatever.

Draft Day, Buttman steps up to the podium: Booing is relentless Someone Beans him with a D cell battery..bloodied, he mumbles on.."Vancouver, I have a trade to announce(I think you F***ers wanna' hear this). NJ trades Cory Schneiderman AND their #9 OA pick to the Vancouver Canucks, for Jacob Markstrom & their three 6th rounders, from 2022"(we've collected day before).

Pandemonium ensues! Bettman is slugged by more batteries. Some AA's, as tribute to Andrew Alberts. At the NYI table, leapin Lou Lamo goes into a convulsive Mad Hatter mode, akin to Linda Blair bedroom conduct. Security is called. All the DPS(insider lackey, ex players) try to rescue Buttman from a milling, militant(yellow vest) mob, as if he were Alan Eagleson in the dying seconds of 1972 Moscow.

Pierre MacGuire is raving about what Jacob Markstrom's Atom coach once said on his trajectory. The shrill-voiced, US reporters exclaim the Devils as Cup contenders..cut to more ads.

So season gets underway in Oct, 2019..& Schneids reverts back to Vezina form. We win the first of many Mugs! How sweet would THAT be?!

Would serve the league right, for their collusive, riggeddeckshyte!

Would serve the Swamp right, for their ugly 1990's suffocating play, that was a BLIGHT on the great game of (well played) hockey.

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Was skimming thru some HFDevils commenters..MAN, are they saying nasty things about Schneids.."Damaged our franchise WORSE than Chia-pet to Edm's future!" Spoiled fans(from Brodeur yrs) sure are petty & bitter! Like uhh, gosh..Can we HELP them?

So imagine: Season plays out..they wind up in 22nd spot..we're around 20th OA. Markstrom finishes last couple months playing as brilliantly. Except, Demko & Dipietro ALSO look sensational, in their respective NHL, jr slots. Injuries keep our PO hopes down.

Schneids FINALLY gets some wins for Devs again. Uneven play..but whatever.

Draft Day, Buttman steps up to the podium: Booing is relentless Someone Beans him with a D cell battery..bloodied, he mumbles on.."Vancouver, I have a trade to announce(I think you F***ers wanna' hear this). NJ trades Cory Schneiderman AND their #9 OA pick to the Vancouver Canucks, for Jacob Markstrom & their three 6th rounders, from 2022"(we've collected day before).

Pandemonium ensues! Bettman is slugged by more batteries. Some AA's, as tribute to Andrew Alberts. At the NYI table, leapin Lou Lamo goes into a convulsive Mad Hatter mode, akin to Linda Blair bedroom conduct. Security is called. All the DPS(insider lackey, ex players) try to rescue Buttman from a milling, militant(yellow vest) mob, as if he were Alan Eagleson in the dying seconds of 1972 Moscow.

Pierre MacGuire is raving about what Jacob Markstrom's Atom coach once said on his trajectory. The shrill-voiced, US reporters exclaim the Devils as Cup contenders..cut to more ads.

I love the onslaught of batteries at Bettman. I think you f'ers want to here this. Hahahahaha!

Sense vessel-list? Well don't you look aft

Forge ahead, with sweet deal for the draft

First pilfer was Bo

Here's two for the show

Let us hope young Shero is daft

Floating notions on this here, life raft

Sailin' sea of corruption and graft

So two will play

The Devil? You say

In the end, only hope posters laughed

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

And they said nothing would happen when they legalized POT...…..lol

Great Narrative!   :gocan:

Only in Canada you say?

And of course your scenario has another riot in Vancouver!  :picard:   For the world to see.   :towel:

C'mon JIHN, admit this'd be absolutely historical! A riot, ferGawdsakes. :^)

The symmetry is simply sublime. Schneids dealt in '13 to host team of draft, for a 1st. Then Scheids dumped to host team, WITH a first. Both #9 OA. All Canuck fans would have the Beatles(Revolution #9) blasting throughout the city! #9, #9, #9, repeat endlessly. Just TRY dancing to that, eh?

I hope JB had one of his(patented) glances at CDC today(heard he lurked here with a Fedorov handle)...

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Didn't Schnides give them several years of stellar play? 

Fun read.

& to paraphrase one of their whining posters. The first couple yrs(when he played well) it prob COST them landing Marner, Matthews types!..Yup, all Schneids fault.

Complaining after their 3 ugly cups(small c, that is). Nice that the Yank plan to "grow the game" spread it to such appreciative corners of their exceptional landmass?

League was good fun, 40 yrs back.

14 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

& to paraphrase one of their whining posters. The first couple yrs(when he played well) it prob COST them landing Marner, Matthews types!..Yup, all Schneids fault.

Complaining after their 3 ugly cups(small c, that is). Nice that the Yank plan to "grow the game" spread it to such appreciative corners of their exceptional landmass?

League was good fun, 40 yrs back.

Broduer sure played behind some great defenseman...and that ugly trap thing.  But one cup should probably get a capital C...believe or not they were the top offensive team in the East (Mogilny helped with that).  Still little c’ I get.

6 hours ago, timberz21 said:

Someone forgot to lockup the doors at the loony-bin last night...

should rename you title to Proposal of Hysteric-proportions

Actually, they left I pen lying about, & I went full-on Hannibal Lecter! :^)

At the confluence of hysterical & historical streams of thought, you'll Rapid-ly gain wisdom!

Doesn't the potential of trading the Lu-return for Schneids(while gaining 2 #9 OA's!, 6 yrs apart) at least elicit a smirk?! This world is too downright nasty, to not seek out the odd guffaw. Lighten up, matey!

• -SN- changed the title to [Proposal] Van/NJ
  • 1 month later...

I think if the Canucks are convinced that Markstrom can sustain this play for the next 3-5 years, they should sign him and trade Demko.  We don't need him sitting on the bench for 3-5 years.  By then Dipietro will be ready.  There are a lot of teams with aging goalies that don't seem to have a succession plan, NYR being one. 

Nils Lundqvist RHD prospect and a 1st round pick(Wpg's approx 25OA) for Demko and a 3rd.

This would give the Rangers a goalie of the future, which we wouldn't need because we would have Markstrom, Sweden's current best goalie, and King Henrik can split duties for a year or two while Demko takes over.  We would get a solid RHD prospect and a 2nd pick in the 1st round.  The Rangers already have a lottery pick of their own and potentially Tampa's 31st overall or another 2nd.  They can afford to give up a pick.  Essentially it would be 2 very late 1st's for a stellar goalie prospect and a high 3rd.

Archived