Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Fabbro


Recommended Posts

Nashville will want to load up, and already have a set top 4 D.  Fabbro is coming out of college in a few weeks, and TSN is suggesting that he could be a trade piece.

 

What would it take on our end?

 

Sutter with cap retained is a good piece for a contending team, they have space and need for him next season as well unless they plan on re-signing Boyle.  Gudbranson could serve their desire for some more grit in their lineup and wouldn’t be asked to do too much in more limited minutes.  A 2020 2nd round pick is a decent add in from our side as it gives them a future while giving us a more NHL ready prospect.

 

Not sure the exact package we would have to put together, but he is the type/age of player we need to target.

 

Nashvillr is probably big game hunting, but if they don’t land a big name, veteran depth could be a backup plan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont think we have anything that would interest them for Fabbro.

 

Our best chip is Edler, they don't need another LHD. A top 6 Winger maybe? We only have one, that's Boeser. You bring up Sutter but they already have Johansen, Turris, Bonino & then they just picked up Boyle. Then Guddy would be more of a secondary piece in a deal for a guy like Fabbro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is Fabro that good we would give up assets for him?  I thought he was just finishing off his fourth year, and heading to UFA status this August?  I don’t think it’s good to trade for him, when we could just get him for dollars in August.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Fabro that good we would give up assets for him?  I thought he was just finishing off his fourth year, and heading to UFA status this August?  I don’t think it’s good to trade for him, when we could just get him for dollars in August.  

Finishing 3rd year.  According to Bob Mackenzie Fabbro is looking to sign and go pro.  Which means he plays for Nashville or he’s traded. He’s not eligible to go UFA until after next year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is Fabro that good we would give up assets for him?  I thought he was just finishing off his fourth year, and heading to UFA status this August?  I don’t think it’s good to trade for him, when we could just get him for dollars in August.  

I don’t think he is amazing, but projects as probably a 2nd pairing RHD.  He is fast, has a good point shot, and is a local kid.

 

I don’t think the cost woild

be as prohibitive as some think.

 

It is a need we have and presumably Nashville is looking for help now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Fabbro would be a great player to trade for..

Nashville would want lots in return..

Fabbro might be used in package to get a sniper... Don't think we have the players Nashville want..

Nashville is so deep at D position...

they’ld probably want boeser. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Panarin, Stone, Duchene - a difference maker.

 

Poile was talking this week about how the ask for the players they would target is a 1st and a prospect.  A few weeks ago he admitted their concern to be their 2nd line but was very confident with the rest of the lineup - that was before the Watson suspension but they've just addressed that.  

 

Poile will only move Fabbro if they don't think they can sign him or they think he won't become a NHLer.  

 

The expansion draft is coming up and they are unlikely to protect 4Ds this time around.  They are also unlikely to meet Subban's contract demands once he hits UFA.  Their D prospect pool is extremely weak and was the reason Poile wanted to draft Ds that year and they've already moved Girard.  

 

Fabbro grew up a Nashville fan.  His sisters live in Nashville.  He also has said it would be dumb to not sign with them given how good they are at developing Ds.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Guys take a look at this prospects list...………………..does it change your minds as to Fabbro's value? I am not sure......

 

I would be interested to hear your answers, as part of this proposal

 

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/butchs-list-of-the-top-175-drafted-prospects.2591031/

There seems to be a huge disconnect on how people value Fabbro.

 

Some are suggesting that he is a top pairing valuable prospect who will return one of the top big names out there.

 

This list puts him farther down than he likely deserves to be.

 

I am somewhere in the middle, I think he is eminently “gettable” for a reasonable price. 

 

The idea thst Nashville gives any thought towards expansion rather than the next couple of playoff runs (as some suggest) is misguided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope you guys take a look at that site I posted...…...it can at least be used as a guide line...…….

 

In saying that...….we know it will take an over payment to get Fabbro if we want him that bad. It probably will for any Dman we want,

 

Josh Brook in Montreal and who is Woo's team-mate in Medicine Hat looks to be another great prospect...………...

 

Either of these 2 would be very interesting

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

There seems to be a huge disconnect on how people value Fabbro.

 

Some are suggesting that he is a top pairing valuable prospect who will return one of the top big names out there.

 

This list puts him farther down than he likely deserves to be.

 

I am somewhere in the middle, I think he is eminently “gettable” for a reasonable price. 

 

The idea thst Nashville gives any thought towards expansion rather than the next couple of playoff runs (as some suggest) is misguided.

They have Tolvanen to dangle before Fabbro.  

 

Also the Canucks don't have an offensive difference maker available.  Poile was talking about how that's what they would look at.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

There seems to be a huge disconnect on how people value Fabbro.

 

Some are suggesting that he is a top pairing valuable prospect who will return one of the top big names out there.

 

This list puts him farther down than he likely deserves to be.

 

I am somewhere in the middle, I think he is eminently “gettable” for a reasonable price. 

 

The idea thst Nashville gives any thought towards expansion rather than the next couple of playoff runs (as some suggest) is misguided.

I am pretty much thinking along the same lines as you on this one

 

But in saying that......his value is a 17th OA pick at the least, as he has not declined, and is now 2 years more mature, and has not faltered

 

So value wise...……..Hutton + 2020 1st?    Goldobin + 2020 1st?     Dahlen + 2020 1st?     Madden + 2020 1st    are those out of line?

 

Sutter + Brisebois + ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Not to high jack the thread Provost....but

 

Maybe something like  Josh Brooks for Sutter + Goldobin + Brisebois

 

Just might be that Montreal might be a little more greedy than Nashville

Brook is one of Montreal’s top prospects.  You’re not really offering anything to entice them.  They’re suddenly deep at Centre so Sutter hold little appeal.  Goldobin is looking like a future KHL’er. Brisebois is a nice prospect but Brook is nicer.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Brook is one of Montreal’s top prospects.  You’re not really offering anything to entice them.  They’re suddenly deep at Centre so Sutter hold little appeal.  Goldobin is looking like a future KHL’er. Brisebois is a nice prospect but Brook is nicer.  

Montreal is a playoff team....Sutter brings versatility, FO's, decent size, and playoff experience............….late 1st

                                         ….Goldobin is a young LW that bring offense...…………………………………….a 2nd

                                         ….Brisebois is a young defensive Dman...…………………………………………..a 2nd

 

That is a lot of solid playoff insurance for a good cap hit, but I would add a 2020 2nd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

T

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Montreal is a playoff team....Sutter brings versatility, FO's, decent size, and playoff experience............….late 1st

                                         ….Goldobin is a young LW that bring offense...…………………………………….a 2nd

                                         ….Brisebois is a young defensive Dman...…………………………………………..a 2nd

 

That is a lot of solid playoff insurance for a good cap hit, but I would add a 2020 2nd

The problem is the two NHL’ers you’re offering aren’t better than what Montreal is dressing.  Meanwhile Montreal’s D prospect depth has taken a hit with the long term injury to Juulsen.  This isn’t a trade that makes sense for Montreal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, qwijibo said:

T

The problem is the two NHL’ers you’re offering aren’t better than what Montreal is dressing.  Meanwhile Montreal’s D prospect depth has taken a hit with the long term injury to Juulsen.  This isn’t a trade that makes sense for Montreal.  

let me think about this a bit....hmmmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

let me think about this a bit....hmmmmm

Montreal needs an upgrade to their 4th line.  But you don’t pay $4.4 million to Sutter to be a 4th line C. And you don’t give up a top prospect for that honour.  I’m addition Bergevin has gone on record saying he won’t trade his 1st or any of his WJC players.  (You can question his honesty. But even when he denied the Subban thing he said he wasn’t shopping Subban. Not that he wasn’t listening) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...