The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Fabbro

Provost

6 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Actually I prefer a healthy competitive league where the games are actually interesting.  

So you must just hate the NBA?  :gocan:

i want us to be great, and the other teams to suck.  

I still say Fabbro has very high bustaroo potential.  Granny or Goldy or Pouliot would be more than fair in trade.  Those three are NHL players.  Fabbro will likely never be one.  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So you must just hate the NBA?  :gocan:

i want us to be great, and the other teams to suck.  

I still say Fabbro has very high bustaroo potential.  Granny or Goldy or Pouliot would be more than fair in trade.  Those three are NHL players.  Fabbro will likely never be one.  

You’re welcome to be a homer fan.  But seriously. There is no indication that Fabbro is trending towards bust territory.  Nashville wouldn’t take any of Vancouver castoffs for him 

10 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You’re welcome to be a homer fan.  But seriously. There is no indication that Fabbro is trending towards bust territory.  Nashville wouldn’t take any of Vancouver castoffs for him 

You’re a good egg @qwijibo.

what if we package up all three of those cast offs, and some BC salmon?  Would that get Nashville interested?  

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:34 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

I dont think we have anything that would interest them for Fabbro.

Our best chip is Edler, they don't need another LHD. A top 6 Winger maybe? We only have one, that's Boeser. You bring up Sutter but they already have Johansen, Turris, Bonino & then they just picked up Boyle. Then Guddy would be more of a secondary piece in a deal for a guy like Fabbro.

You would be amazed?

Fabbro is v good prospect. But not an elite one. 

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I guess along the lines of the thread the only fit I could potentially see is Jake.

I don't know alot about Fabbro but if he's a slam dunk top 4 guy I might do it honestly. 

That's just it? Is he a slam dunk top 4 D?  

He now has solid #'s in his D + 3 year. But was ok the year after his draft. 1 Point in 14 career WJC games. 

He has not dominated since playing against lesser competition in the BCHL. It took him a while to get acclimated in the NCAA, and he was far from a standout performer against elite competition. So there is less indication he will just jump into the NHL? My read is he is the type of prospect that will probably have to play a year in the AHL. Make the correct developmental games to adjust. Just like Jake.

Look? Maybe Jake is not that great a success story. He is at least a valid player. He leaves a hole in our roster we don't have an automatic replacement busting down the door to fill. Its not a trade from strength. If we had strength at his position I would probably bite on the risk of Fabbro's upside. We need a RHD prospect, a PMD, in a big way. But Fabbro is not compelling enough to make a hole for. If not trading from strength; I say get back to the draft table for D.  

We don't even have a spare roster spot open for Fabbro. The Gudbrandson haters would say yes we do. But we have Tanev, Guddy & Stech at RHD.

While we are in a play off chase, particularly selling a young player, I don't see us undercutting our roster for Fabbro.     

Archived