The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Feb. 07, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks just weren't good enough. Blaming the refs doesn't fly tonight. 

Green's making some bad decisions lately, and his assistants aren't cutting it at all. 

In order for the team to take the next step, it's time to move on from some players, in order to surround the dynamic young talent that the team does have with complimentary players who won't slow them down. Benning's most defining off-season awaits. 

If you think Tanev being out in OT was one of these then I have to disagree. Hutton looked tired at the end of this game and I'd rather play a tired Tanev than a tired Hutton. If Toews danced Pouliot/Gudbranson/Biega/Stecher people would still be calling for Green's choice. 

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

So it wasn't one sided. Can't always blame the refs for every loss. Sometimes you just have to be the better team by capitalizing on your chances.

most people tend to blame the refs for every lost here. Seems every nhl fourm is the same for that!!

9 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Tanev was a beast all game. Not sure what game you watched. We have to ride him because we have Poo on our team 

not Tanev’s fault we rode him like a mule 

He seems to be struggling sometimes to corral the puck on his off-side, but besides that, he's been Tanev. Quiet, effective. He is human, though, and he has some slumps and some periods when he makes mistakes.

21 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I'm frustrated right now. Newell Brown needs to go.

He still thinks we have Salo, Sedins, Kesler and Burrows in the lineup.

How our defense could not get the shot through and on goal at critical time is mind-boggling.

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

If you think Tanev being out in OT was one of these then I have to disagree. Hutton looked tired at the end of this game and I'd rather play a tired Tanev than a tired Hutton. If Toews danced Pouliot/Gudbranson/Biega/Stecher people would still be calling for Green's choice. 

Green's line blender, while somewhat understandable, needs to allow for some stability. I think Hutton would have done fine in OT. If not, well it's a learning experience for him. He's made leaps this year and should have been given the spot. He's younger, stronger, and getting better. Giving him a chance against a wily veteran like Toews would have been fine. 

He also can't be pairing Guddy and Pouliot together. Pouliot needs to be waived and a better choice from Utica needs to come up and take his place. 

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The Canucks just weren't good enough. Blaming the refs doesn't fly tonight. 

Green's making some bad decisions lately, and his assistants aren't cutting it at all. 

In order for the team to take the next step, it's time to move on from some players, in order to surround the dynamic young talent that the team does have with complimentary players who won't slow them down. Benning's most defining off-season awaits. 

Canucks weren't good enough but Sutherland's conduct, yet again, was completely unacceptable.  There is zero reason for his continued employment at any level, let alone the NHL's insistence in allowing him to pull his garbage literally every time he's assigned to one of our games.  It's time he's held accountable for his criminal corruption and locked up in prison where he belongs.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Green's line blender, while somewhat understandable, needs to allow for some stability. I think Hutton would have done fine in OT. If not, well it's a learning experience for him. He's made leaps this year and should have been given the spot. He's younger, stronger, and getting better. Giving him a chance against a wily veteran like Toews would have been fine. 

He also can't be pairing Guddy and Pouliot together. Pouliot needs to be waived and a better choice from Utica needs to come up and take his place. 

Hutton also has more creativity and offensive flair than Tanev who is a black hole for offense. 

4 minutes ago, xereau said:

You have to actually move to create lanes.

Yup. Team is shaping up but we still lack skill up front. Hutty and Stecher are on the verge but the back end still has trouble driving offence. Again, not enough depth. Starting to really notice leave though. He's creative, isn't afraid to hold onto the puck, good on the wall, decent hands... stood out for me tonight.

Archived