The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In which game will EP40 beat Bure's rookie record?

Nuke

10pts left for EP to level Pavel Bure's 60pts rookie season record 34gls, 26ass). EP has 25gls, 25 ass. 

If he stays healthy it is not a question about if but when he will break the record. 

In which game do you think he will reach 61pts?

Hopefully it will be in hometown Vancouver and he will get a great celebration with the fans. 

My guess is 7 games from now in Rogers arena against Anaheim. EP also has his third 5pts game that evening puttning him on 65 pts in 52 games. 

Technically Hlinka set the record and Bure tied it. Bure has the goals record though.

A53B14BC-294C-4F7B-965C-A5A98F337639.jpg

(Sorry, I'm the Oscar of CDC sometimes)

I say he'll get it in his 55th game, which is 10 games from now, which suggests a rate of 11 points in 10 games, very similar to his current season rate.

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Technically Hlinka set the record and Bure tied it. Bure has the goals record though.

A53B14BC-294C-4F7B-965C-A5A98F337639.jpg

(Sorry, I'm the Oscar of CDC sometimes)

I say he'll get it in his 55th game, which is 10 games from now, which suggests a rate of 11 points in 10 games, very similar to his current season rate.

Will he get the goal record too? 

Here's my bold preditions:

I'll say 9 games to beat the record - so Feb 28 against Arizona.

17 games to get his 35th goal, beating Bure's rookie record - so March 18 against Chicago.

If anybody wins any money on this, please send some to my ex ;)

26 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

As long as it is in vancouver and he gets a celebration like the one when he broke Nilssons SHL records im happy! (he did that with a 4p night) 

I cry when i see this, its just beautiful

Good old European hockey with advertising on the jersey - he looks like he just won a Nascar race :D

41 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

As long as it is in vancouver and he gets a celebration like the one when he broke Nilssons SHL records im happy! (he did that with a 4p night) 

I cry when i see this, its just beautiful

Swedish commentator says: "he is almost too good, it is almost unfair to have such a player on your team" 

5 hours ago, Nuke said:

10pts left for EP to level Pavel Bure's 60pts rookie season record 34gls, 26ass). EP has 25gls, 25 ass. 

If he stays healthy it is not a question about if but when he will break the record. 

Hopefully it will be in hometown Vancouver and he will get a great celebration with the fans. 

My guess is 7 games from now in Rogers arena against Anaheim. EP also has his third 5pts game that evening puttning him on 65 pts in 52 games. 

I predict he Pettersson will break rookie points record against Edmonton March 7th, this is 12 games away...

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I remember Hlinka's comment when told about setting some sort of Canuck record for a rookie way back then...."laughs out really [Hlinka really laughed]....35 year old rookie....continues to laugh".:P

4 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I remember Hlinka's comment when told about setting some sort of Canuck record for a rookie way back then...."laughs out really [Hlinka really laughed]....35 year old rookie....continues to laugh".:P

60 points rookie club record set by a "35-year old rookie" explains the years of poor drafting by the club.

Thank goodness those days are over.

Petey will shatter the record. Just stay healthy please.

Best Juniors ever in the SHL points wise.

Poängligan för juniorer:
1. Elias Pettersson 55 poäng, 42 matcher. Säsong 17/18 
2. Kent Nilsson 53 poäng, 36 matcher. Säsong 75/76
3. Peter Forsberg 48 poäng, 39 matcher. Säsong 92/93
4. Henrik Sedin 47 poäng, 50 matcher. Säsong 99/00
5. Daniel Sedin 45 poäng, 50 matcher. Säsong 99/00

On 2/10/2019 at 5:55 AM, Nuke said:

If not tonight, Wednesday in Anaheim.....:emot-parrot:

1 hour ago, Nuke said:

Best Juniors ever in the SHL points wise.

Poängligan för juniorer:
1. Elias Pettersson 55 poäng, 42 matcher. Säsong 17/18 
2. Kent Nilsson 53 poäng, 36 matcher. Säsong 75/76
3. Peter Forsberg 48 poäng, 39 matcher. Säsong 92/93
4. Henrik Sedin 47 poäng, 50 matcher. Säsong 99/00
5. Daniel Sedin 45 poäng, 50 matcher. Säsong 99/00

Hell of a list.  Kent Nilsson would have been a Hall of Famer if his NHL career hadn't been so brief.

On 2/10/2019 at 9:45 AM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

31*

Archived