The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Zack MacEwen from the Utica Comets.

MacEwen, 22, has scored 17 goals, 25 assists (17-25-42) along with 49 penalty minutes this season with Utica. In 115 career AHL games MacEwen has recorded 75 points (27-48-75) and 105 penalty minutes. The Charlottetown, PEI native had a career high four-point game (1-3-4) on Feb. 9th vs Rochester.

MacEwen originally signed with Vancouver as a free agent in 2017.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-recall-macewen/c-304697014

He deserves to be called up, his play in Utica dictated that!

I hope the other players on both the Comets and the Canucks take note

The 6’4″ and 210 lbs forward has posted seventeen goals and twenty-five assists in forty-nine games this season. He has surpassed his goal, assist, and point totals from last season and has done so by being an effective player in all three zones. MacEwen has really shown all the things this year that the Canucks targetted him for as a free agent prospect. His development has been a really encouraging story, going from an undrafted player to earning this call-up.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/02/10/canucks-recall-f-zack-macewen-from-the-utica-comets/?

12 minutes ago, SwissCanucks said:

I hope he will show more than Alexandre Grenier did back in 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.

Both player have a bit the same profile, but Zack seems to have slightly better numbers in AHL level and is also younger. I really hope it will work for him in the NHL =)

From what I hear Big Mac is physical. Something no one ever said about Grenier. 

Archived