The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Zack MacEwen

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Pete M said:

yeah...next four games vs heavy Cali teams....just what the doctor ordered. Hope he plays.

Hopefully Green puts him in a position to succeed ie play him with Horvat. Don’t bury him on the 4th line. 

Just now, Pickly said:

Hopefully Green puts him in a position to succeed ie play him with Horvat. Don’t bury him on the 4th line. 

Leivo Petey Boes

Virt Horvat Mac

Roussel Sutter Motte

Granny Beagle Eriksson

I'd like to see that for a game, though, in my world, I'd have Jake with Petey.

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

it's funny how some players get the chance, while others get the vapour.

MacEwen in for Granlund...what good is the depth if they don't use it...it gives Granlund a rest, and Zach a chance.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I"ve been a big supporter of Goldy from the get go, but he's just not getting it.

He’s not gonna work on this team. The Canucks don’t have a the roster makeup nor a coach who’s willing to see him through and play him to his strengths. You can tell Green is at his wits ends with Goldy.

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

The 4th line doesnt get buried.....theyre often out against the toughest lines.   That's major responsibility

Ya but the guy has been lighting it up

offensively in the A. He clearly has a knack for scoring some goals. Last time I checked outside of 3 players the Canucks have an issue in that department. 

Just now, Pickly said:

He’s not gonna work on this team. The Canucks don’t have a the roster makeup nor a coach who’s willing to see him through and play him to his strengths. You can tell Green is at his wits ends with Goldy.

it's frustrating for them all, I'm sure.  But, they are trying to build a team of players who don't take shifts off and Goldy just can't seem to maintain the intensity he needs to secure his spot in the lineup.  If he's not going to bring it shift after shift, Leivo will.......now Mac.

Just now, Pickly said:

Ya but the guy has been lighting it up

offensively in the A. He clearly has a knack for scoring some goals. Last time I checked outside of 3 players the Canucks have an issue in that department. 

For sure, that I understand.  I just didnt agree that playing on the 4th line means you cant be a difference maker. The Canucks are a team that absolutely need a great bottom 6.

But yeah, I get what youre saying.  Play him with Horvat and let him spread his wings and fly a bit rather than get all that D responsibility.  Personally Id love to see what he could do with Virtanen.  Now if only Sutter wasnt the third line c....

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

I"ve been a big supporter of Goldy from the get go, but he's just not getting it.

Ive come around on Goldy, especially since being scratched.  He's still a young guy and honestly Ive seen him trying to move his legs more often which is great.  He's got such good puck skils and vision that Im happy JB and co. want to develop him into that offensive threat.

3 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Green has given Goldobin 68.3% offensive zone starts - most of them with an elite center.

He has given Goldobin 2:38 of powerplay ice time - which in the absence of Baertschi is 3rd among Canuck forwards.

Of course he's playing him to his "strengths" - and beyond - he's sheltered, he's given the most opportune minutes on the team alongside Pettersson.

It's all up to Goldobin and Goldobin alone whether he realizes that showing up for every shift is what will earn him consistent minutes - it's his own consistency that is necessary for that to happen.

Unfortunately, Goldobin's corsi in those minutes is 49.8% - and he's producing less than half of what Pettersson is, despite the spin-off benfits of EP's elite finishing rate.

Nevertheless, Green has been patient - and has kept giving Goldobin opportunities - knowing it's not an overnight process and that some players bloom later.

I still don't think they've 'given up' on Goldobin.  It is however a difficult fit for him given he doesn't necessarily bring some elements that that line probably needs in a winger.....Goldobin simply lacks the forecheck, hard areas aspects of the game that ideally EP finds in a linemate.

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

Ive come around on Goldy, especially since being scratched.  He's still a young guy and honestly Ive seen him trying to move his legs more often which is great.  He's got such good puck skils and vision that Im happy JB and co. want to develop him into that offensive threat.

I don't dislike Goldy, at all.  But the internal competition on this team means you absolutely have to bring it every single shift because they have guys, waiting, that will.  That's where Goldy falters.  I like that, while frstrated, he doesn't seem to be getting discouraged and packing it in.  To me, that s a very good sign, but he's got to show it on the ice.

3 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

For sure, that I understand.  I just didnt agree that playing on the 4th line means you cant be a difference maker. The Canucks are a team that absolutely need a great bottom 6.

But yeah, I get what youre saying.  Play him with Horvat and let him spread his wings and fly a bit rather than get all that D responsibility.  Personally Id love to see what he could do with Virtanen.  Now if only Sutter wasnt the third line c....

And I get what you were saying too. 4th lines aren’t what they used to be. I just don’t want him to get the ol Willie treatment where he has to start by getting 5 mins a game and ‘earn’ his ice time rather than being given an opportunity to succeed in the points department. Anyways, either way I’m really looking forwards to seeing this guy play. Have been for a while now. 

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

Green has given Goldobin 68.3% offensive zone starts - most of them with an elite center.

He has given Goldobin 2:38 of powerplay ice time - which in the absence of Baertschi is 3rd among Canuck forwards.

Of course he's playing him to his "strengths" - and beyond - he's sheltered, he's given the most opportune minutes on the team alongside Pettersson.

It's all up to Goldobin and Goldobin alone whether he realizes that showing up for every shift is what will earn him consistent minutes - it's his own consistency that is necessary for that to happen.

Unfortunately, Goldobin's corsi in those minutes is 49.8% - and he's producing less than half of what Pettersson is, despite the spin-off benfits of EP's elite finishing rate.

Nevertheless, Green has been patient - and has kept giving Goldobin opportunities - knowing it's not an overnight process and that some players bloom later.

I still don't think they've 'given up' on Goldobin.  It is however a difficult fit for him given he doesn't necessarily bring some elements that that line probably needs in a winger.....Goldobin simply lacks the forecheck, hard areas aspects of the game that ideally EP finds in a linemate.

Basically, what I meant was I don’t think Green likes Goldobin’s game all that much. 

Archived